That friday "Bali diving recommendation" thread.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For sure we can arrange a custom dive safari that will offer you a private guide for all your dives around Bali. We can arrange everything from airport pick up, accommodation to the Eanx Blend that you need for your optimum MOD for your photography dives....

Feel free to PM us.http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/blueseason.bali

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your suggestions everyone, I didn't reply so far because I was trying to book my accoms. All I can advise is that if anyone is going mid august near Tulamben or amed, you better rush to get availabilities.. :(

Blue Moon villas couldn't accomodate us for all our nights, so the time I asked Scuba Seraya whether they still had their rooms, they were full... I am now booked at Tauch Terminal. (I wonder whether it's the best place for my party, but at least we the have rooms... :idk: )

Meanwhile, I also contacted Jeff Mullins, the local UW photographer/photo instructor. That was probably the best thing I did so far, unfortunately he was booked at the time I will be there though he will provide me a private dive guide specialized in guiding UW photographers at a soft price. Very nice person.

Looks like you are all set ! Tauch is all right, although gets a bit busy during high season. They do have a spa which could help keep your Mrs entertained :) Don't forget to get to the less known sites e.g. Kubu, especially from mid-morning to mid-afternoon when the scores of day trippers from the South transfrom the Liberty into a giant jacuzzi.

You can also try Arya Amed Resort, our favorite villas in the area because their WiFi is good to excellent, the villas comfy, and the service quite good (for Tulamben/Amed). We have stayed there around 20 nights so far, and the only downside is the breakfast, which is a bit bland and boring; but everything else is nice.

Also, I have dove a number of sites "other than Liberty" (in the area) and my recommendation is to spend most of your time on Liberty; but do it early AM before the crowds; first dive right after sunrise, if you don't mind getting up early (and you can find a DC who will accommodate that early), and second dive early to mid morning. Night dive on the Liberty can be excellent (lots of giant Bumperhead Parrot fish slumbering away). Also, the coral / anemone garden just north of the Japanese Wreck in Amed can be breathtaking; but I will dive the Liberty for the next 5 days, exclusively; because it offers so much and is way too big to completely explore in a handful of dives.

Back
Top Bottom