That pesky Medical Statement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not a (gasp) PADI instructor. I am referring to them in general.
I wasn't accusing you of being a PADI instructor, but I'm not clear of the scope of the release you believe is necessary.

So . . .what medical release do you use?

As a customer, I would check no on every box because it is none of your business. Beyond that consult your physician or get a DAN referral to a physician that knows dive medicine and then discuss concerns there. That's just my own opinion.

I wasn't accusing you of being a PADI instructor,
I didn't take it that way. Most instructors teach for PADI... I was just making a funny. Here's the form we use:
NASE Medical Statement

To anyone...

So just to clarify, a student or diver is required to share medical information, not just a release, if requested by the instructor or dive op?

So blackouts and recurrent back problems is one and the same? And is "high" cholesterol level the current US "must put on statin" number? Or some other number, like 42?

To anyone...

So just to clarify, a student or diver is required to share medical information, not just a release, if requested by the instructor or dive op?

I would think the student is free to take their wallet elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom