The Aqualung Discussion [ Moved ]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nyprrthd:
I know that this thread is the result of how Aqualung has dealt with Phil Ellis (unfairly IMO, but you decide for yourself), but let's not forget that Aqualung is not the only culprit in the price fixing game. The entire industry needs to be put under a microscope to ferret out all of the price fixing and collusion. .

Yes, there are many other companies, both scuba and non-scuba, which operate in this manner. However, we can not attack all of it at once. Effort must be concentrated on one entity and force a LEGAL change in their practices. This is our 'foot in the door'. Once one has fallin, the axe can be swung to the next company.

Believe me, it's not just AL paying attention here. They all are. When AL falls on it's face (legally and financially) as a result of this, the others will change their ways almost overnight to prevent the same from happening to them.

FD

I should point out here, that it is not the desire of either the staff or ownership of www.ScubaBoard.com that ANY company should "fall on it's face" legally or financially. Many of the issues that are being freely discussed here apply to MANY manufacturers in our industry with the exception of a few bright lights (Aeris, Apollo and Oceanic to name a few). The opinions expressed in this (and all other) threads are those of our USERS, which are a force in and of themselves. www.ScubaBoard.com exists only to serve their needs and if we ever loose sight of that we will go the way of the dinosaur.

While a few users have called for a boycott of certain manufacturers, that should not be construed as www.ScubaBoard.com's official stance. If any individuals or corporations feel that they have been "flamed" during the course of this or any thread on www.ScubaBoard.com, they should feel free to "report" the post(s) in question by using the "Report Bad Post" link that is in the the bottom left of every post; it looks on some of the skins like an [!] and you have to be a registered user to use it (registration is free and easy). However, this is not to be used on posts where you merely disagree with the user's perspective.

The staff and ownership of www.ScubaBoard.com feel that the free and open discussion of industry policies is important for our sport to grow and prosper. Consequently, we have done nothing to steer this discussion either for or against any manufacturer(s). The internet is here to stay for the foreseeable future and any corporation that ignores discussions such as these do so at their own peril. If you don't give us YOUR side of the story, there is no way for our discussions to be balanced, and that is ultimately your fault. ScubaBoard is committed to all view points being aired in a friendly atmosphere and we will do all we can to facilitate this, including the removal/editing of any acrimonious posts. After all, we are the ONLY real time moderated forum on the internet (not to mention the largest :D ) that is dedicated to the sport of Scuba Diving.

www.ScubaBoard.com is also committed to providing a useful interface for manufacturers and their prospective and current customers. We have even gone so far as to provide private forums for any manufacturer that wishes to have one at NO COST to the manufacturer. Please go to our Q&A from Your Manufacturers Forum and feel free to ask a question in any of the private forums there. To date, only 6 companies have taken us up on our offer, and in today's current climate these 6 stand out as pioneers into the information society that we have become. Instead of handling a hundred separate phone calls, a manufacturer can answer a single question and now many, many users can see the answer as they research your products on the web. If you want one for your corporation, please just ask!

Should anyone feel that the "Report Bad Post" link is insufficient for their needs, my e-mail and phone number are included in every single one of my posts for your convenience.

To echo Netdoc's post, this thread was never about making Aqualung (or any other company) fail. It's about exposing business practices that we believe to be unfair, and attempting to bring about change.

This community has the oppurtunity to be instrumental in changing dive industry policy, we just need to stay focused and work together. It is my hope that the industry will be better off as a result of this, and that companies like Aqualung will be able to prosper in a fair and open market.

The industry can change, it just needs a little help from us to make it happen!

-Brandon.

For my concerned users...

My previous post was not prompted by any harassment or threats by ANY corporation or legal entity. There is no need to read anything into my remarks and they should be taken without assigning any other motive on my part other than a desire to expound on www.ScubaBoard.com's position. Remember: most conspiracy theories have no basis in reality. :D

www.ScubaBoard.com was designed to be neutral ground and from time to time we all need to be reminded of that. With the lack of any counter point, I felt it prudent to note that we are not against any company and we surely do not wish them ill will. After all, I dive Cousteau primaries and Micra Seconds and I love them! No manufacturer has convinced me that they have a better product, though I have an open mind in this area as with ALL of my gear.

Having said ALL of that, I found it especially touching that SO MANY OF YOU expressed real concern and were ready to come to www.ScubaBoard.com's defense, both spiritually and financially. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

NetDoc:
Having said ALL of that, I found it especially touching that SO MANY OF YOU expresed real concern and were ready to come to www.ScubaBoard.com's defense, both spiritually and financially. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

And don't forget Netdoc...

Pedro offers you his protection.

-Brandon

Isn't Aqualung a French company? Lets attack them and they will surrender immediately, problem solved!

:):):):):)

fairbanksdiver:
To echo Netdoc's post, this thread was never about making Aqualung (or any other company) fail. It's about exposing business practices that we believe to be unfair, and attempting to bring about change.

This community has the oppurtunity to be instrumental in changing dive industry policy, we just need to stay focused and work together. It is my hope that the industry will be better off as a result of this, and that companies like Aqualung will be able to prosper in a fair and open market.

The industry can change, it just needs a little help from us to make it happen!

-Brandon.

You people are either too literal, or not enough. If you "fall on you face", are you dead? Are in the hospital on life support? No. You are bruised and embarrased. THAT is the only thing that EVER makes a company change their business practices. They either recieve a noticable drop in sales to see that people are not happy with them as a whole company, OR they must recieve a reprimand/fines from the courts.

FD

KUDOS NetDoc!

A fine post above to put the board and the discussion in perspective for all. Nice piece of writing.

billy_b4c:
Gawd, from what I've read, Cousteau is turning over in his grave!
Yeah, and who needs Titan regs when we have ScubaPro, right?

Anyone want a good deal on a Titan first stage? Used a few times on my pony, now retired.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom