The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Scott,
to insert an image it asks for the url... do you have to have a web site to add an image?
Suz?

Hi Suzan,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner on this. I haven't been on line for a couple of days.

You can either post them to an on line account like Flicker, or your own website. I use my own website. You can also add photos onto a Scuba Board Gallery, and link them that way. I hope that helps.

Scott

A shoutout to all of the folks who made me feel comfortable on my first BHB muck dive ... even though it wasn't toooo mucky, but to make up for that I got very cold. Water temp 70 deg F, but well worth it.

My best seahorse of the day, man these things are hard to find!
755874119_FST4F-M.jpg

My best ... what is this again? of the day ... need to use macro setting next time duhhh.
755873329_sd87J-S.jpg

My best scorpion fish of the day
755873626_qjrLD-S.jpg

At the end of the dive I photo'd this barracuda and then
755874432_SbYub-S.jpg

looked down to switch the camera to movie mode ... when I looked up it had a fish in its mouth! :eat: I missed the strike, arggg!

Then I watched in amazement as the barracuda chomped down, cutting his meal in half, cirlcling back and swallowing the rest of the fish whole!, click on the photo below to see the movie.

I love the way these little bat fish? walk underwater, click on photo to see video.

To see all of the photos in a reel look here or here

Camera Gear: Canon G10 in FIX G10 housing, normal port with dual macro diopters, INON 2000 strobe

[QUOTE
I love the way these little bat fish? walk underwater, click on photo to see video.

To see all of the photos in a reel look here or here

Camera Gear: Canon G10 in FIX G10 housing, normal port with dual macro diopters, INON 2000 strobe[/QUOTE]

George,
Great pics for your 1st BHB dive. The last photo is a bandtail Searobin. Perhaps today there will be a batfish I call them the Angelina Jolie fish because of their lips! The barracuda chew was just as you described it.
Deb

Anyone diving tomorrow morning? looks like high tide is 10:54. I'm going there with my wife.

I also need an air fill. Where's the closest shop to BHB and are they open tomorrow between 9-11am?

Anyone diving tomorrow morning? looks like high tide is 10:54. I'm going there with my wife.

I also need an air fill. Where's the closest shop to BHB and are they open tomorrow between 9-11am?

Force E is a couple of blocks west on Blue Heron Blvd--opens at 8am normally, but call or check their site..........Some friends went today on the east side and said it was milky--the west site might be better tomorrow.

It might be cold tomorrow, but I'm probably still going to venture to the bridge.... I need some photo time..

Dove the west span today.... As I entered the water and rounded the first pilings on the bridge, a manatee sped towards me from the south: it slowed less than 4 feet away and looked me over for a moment then sped off northwards again. Neat experience: I have only seen one other at bhb in the past.

Scuba dad: good luck when you get out of the water.... it was a little over seventy degrees when I got out and I was freezing (I was already cold since my dive lasted a minutes short of two hours)!! I had to blast my car heater on the way home to warm up

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom