The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amazing pics throughout this thread. I've been lurking for a while, finally decided to register and post. Snorkeled a couple times at the Bridge not knowing how truly amazing it is. After reading a lot about it online, I realized I was missing a lot. I have been snorkeling out at the Bridge every chance I can get (probably only been about 10 times so far).

Can't believe the variety of life out there. I started out seeing a few new things each time, then creating a mental list of all the species I've yet to see. Then next trip out, I'd be lucky to mark some new critters off my list! I have yet to see an octopus or a shark, and I've seen blennies and jawfish, but I'd really like to see a sailfin blenny or yellow-headed jawfish. I'm at a bit of a disadvantage trying to take pics while only snorkeling vs. diving, that's for sure.

A request from a noob like me: When you post pics of uncommon/rare/unusual species, please post the common name. I'm trying to learn as I go.

My camera is lousy compared to many people here, a ~$160 Pentax W80 underwater digital camera. I started with simple point & shoot all auto settings, but have finally started manually setting some things, and that has certainly made a difference.

It appears I need more posts before I can post pics.

Obviously divers in general don't present much of a problem, but just a quick heads up for a new rule coming into effect at Phil Foster Park....

Drinking banned at county parks within Riviera Beach, consistent with rules for the city's parks

Oh no! What will the blennies do without the endless supply of beer bottles?

Nov_11_09_Dive_093-3_Large_.jpg

Hi, I was directed to your thread by a fellow Cdn diver. Great pictures; how heavy is the flow under the bridge at any time? Or, do you just dive it during slack tide?

Obviously divers in general don't present much of a problem, but just a quick heads up for a new rule coming into effect at Phil Foster Park....

Drinking banned at county parks within Riviera Beach, consistent with rules for the city's parks

Difficult to keep the undesirables (drunken criminals) out of the parks, so keep the drinks out.

I've seen this before. It gives the cops an opportunity to remove undesirables.

I expect I won't get hauled down town if I crack a beer after a volley ball match, round of corn hole or a bridge dive.

Hi, I was directed to your thread by a fellow Cdn diver. Great pictures; how heavy is the flow under the bridge at any time? Or, do you just dive it during slack tide?

Dive it on the high tide.
Sorry, don't have a link to this years tables.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom