The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice. Good luck.

Anyone going to dive the Bridge tomorrow on the 10:00 am high tide?

My wife and I will be there. Our car is a black land rover lr3 if anyone wants to say hi. We are looking to meet divers in the area! We are bridge newbies (our 2nd dive) but fell in love with the place!

Guy
I should be there by a little before 9 am...tide is often earlier than the port of p-alm beach tides listed, and you can really do well an hour or more before it anyway.
I am driving a big red Ford Raptor.
See you there!

Anyone going to dive the Bridge tomorrow on the 10:00 am high tide?

My wife and I will be there. Our car is a black land rover lr3 if anyone wants to say hi. We are looking to meet divers in the area! We are bridge newbies (our 2nd dive) but fell in love with the place!

Guy
Also checkout:
Blue Heron Bridge Dive Club

I'd like to add some pics to keep things moving...

These were taken with my ~$160 Pentax W80 digital camera, which is similar to the Flinstones' camera when compared to some of the setups on display in this thread.

Those are great pictures!

County officials are seeking public input regarding a proposed resolution to request the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission designate an area adjacent to the Blue Heron Bridge a marine sanctuary.
The public meeting has been scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 10, beginning at 6 p.m. at Phil Foster Park in Riviera Beach. The meeting will be held in the marine center building.

http://http://www.pbcgov.com/newsroom/0111/01-26-11_sanctuary.htm

BLUE HERON BRIDGE DIVE CLUB

Will anybody be attending the meeting? Would you please post an update here afterwards? Thanks.

What a great place!! We are total beginners here (only our second dive). Even so, here was our list from today CRITTERS: decorator urchins, starfish, lots of coral banded shrimp, lots of yellow arrowline crabs, giant hermit crab, LOTS of lobsters, fireworks everywhere, 2 yellow stingrays up close. FISHES: Blue, french, gray angels, spadefish, sheephead, 2 cudas, filefish, trunkfish and baby trunkfish, grunts, porkfish, sergant majors, grouper, surgeonfish, assorted blennies, drumfish, scorpionfish, hogfish, sea bass, rainbow wrasse, flamefish, fairy basslet.

Some kind of sanctuary designation is essential!!! We have not seen so much variety of life in a few hundred feet of space since Indonesia, and this almost equals it.

Like others, though, I don't want it ruined for divers through over-regulation or permitting. Strict no-take, though, is fine with me!

As for the fishermen, well, they have been leaders in conservation as well. Would I prefer no fishing? probably, but we should not go to war with people who might be our allies some day.

guyharrisonphoto, thanks for the report! I am really looking forward to getting to dive this site in a couple of weeks!

What a great place!! We are total beginners here (only our second dive). Even so, here was our list from today CRITTERS: decorator urchins, starfish, lots of coral banded shrimp, lots of yellow arrowline crabs, giant hermit crab, LOTS of lobsters, fireworks everywhere, 2 yellow stingrays up close. FISHES: Blue, french, gray angels, spadefish, sheephead, 2 cudas, filefish, trunkfish and baby trunkfish, grunts, porkfish, sergant majors, grouper, surgeonfish, assorted blennies, drumfish, scorpionfish, hogfish, sea bass, rainbow wrasse, flamefish, fairy basslet.

Some kind of sanctuary designation is essential!!! We have not seen so much variety of life in a few hundred feet of space since Indonesia, and this almost equals it.

Like others, though, I don't want it ruined for divers through over-regulation or permitting. Strict no-take, though, is fine with me!

As for the fishermen, well, they have been leaders in conservation as well. Would I prefer no fishing? probably, but we should not go to war with people who might be our allies some day.
You now understand why we who dive it often only mention the "special" species we encounter. Everything you have listed in your encounter, we see on every dive at BHB... In spring, everyone gets a treat... and it is almost always something different! The past few springs have produced Sea Hare orgies, Frog Fish Orgies, Nudibranch orgies. If you visit BHB in the spring, you are certain to see things that are sure to amaze!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom