The DIR hose length note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got my 7 ft hose from e-bay, and while I haven't dove it yet, my first impression was that it was rather short!

That is to say, it is shorter than I imagined, but actually perfect in length. I'm quite thin, and average in height...Before I got this hose I wasn't sure if it would be too long, but now I can see why 7 ft is the desired length.

I was diving a 7 foot hose on my twins before adding a cannister light, and it was working fine. I tucked the excess in my waistband, and the hose routed fine. ( Ken, I don't know how you manage all that hose with a single tank... ) After adding the cannister light though, the seven footer became a real pain to route, so last weekend I switched to the five footer ( my single tank hose ) just to satisfy my curiousity. It worked, but was probably 6 inches too short, and I had to keep readjusting it throughout the dive, because it kept pulling my second stage *almost* out of my mouth.

I thought 5' and 7' were my only choices, but if there is a 6' option, I'll buy that, and the problem should be solved.

I use 7' and find it wonderful even with a single cylinder, with or without the canister light. Without the canister light, I just tuck it under the knife (on the left of the buckle) and it works fine. But then again, I am 6' tall.

Did my first dive with the new hoses today. went with the 7', tucked it under my knife, and it worked perfectly.

Thanks all, if I went with anything shorter, I'd be ordering the 7' right now.

Hi, what's the DIR bc & dry suit hose length ? thanks

The length that routes cleanest? BC hose length is specific to the wing, and drysuit hose length is specific to single/doubles config and valve placement.

Scubaroo:
The length that routes cleanest? BC hose length is specific to the wing, and drysuit hose length is specific to single/doubles config and valve placement.

halcyon pioner 36 lbs, single tank, dui cf200x

I have a follow up question - what's preffered as far as drysuit hose routing method: under arm, or on top of the shouder along the Wing's hose?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom