The DIR hose length note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I imagine that under the arm makes it easiest to disconnect to inflate an SMB, as well as disconnect in the event of a stuck inflator. The angle is easier.

also when using an argon setup it will have similar routing. Besides if the dry suit hose comes over the arm it could interfear with the wing inflator.

I am only 5' 7" and I use a 7 foot hose. I route it under my right hip pouch (not using a canister light - yet) across the chest, around the neck and back to my mouth. It is the perfect length for me. Maybe it has to do with the hip pouch? I guess if I did not have that to help hold the hose down and next to me, it might be too long. Again, if you are following all of the DIR standards (using either the hip pouch or a can light) then the 7' foot hose should not be too long. If you are diving without the hip pouch or canister light, then you should be diving either the 5 or 6 footer. At least that is how it was explained to me as well as the descripiton I found in my DIR Fundementals book.

Cmon guys... forget about how tall or short you and your team members are.The sole purpose of the long hose is to allow enough distance between divers to afford a safe exit in an out of air situation or a low/no vis condition. :crafty:

What lenth(s) hose works for the backup reg (doubles setup) given that it comes from the left post? I would think it would need to be longer than my single tank setup. Thanks.

Hello, I was curious why the hose length on a single tank kit is 5' and the double tank kit is 7' I am just starting to figure out all this DIR stuff, I was under the impression that the hose gets routed down the side, across chest, around head and in mouth. Would the 5' hose length be long enough for this routing? Thanks for any replies.

Gerard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom