The explanation of d33ps1x as nick. What's yours mean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Groundhog246:
How can you have too many engines? :eyebrow: Isn't that like having too many tanks?
I hear ya. I fly the little 4-engine jet that could. Something about Queen and Prince needing more than two. Kind of like diving with double 40's. :)

Back when I first hit university, they gave me the userid
jrtonkin, as first initial (for Jamie), second initial (for Robert), last name (Tonkin)... I've pretty much stuck with it ever since, and in a wonder, there don't actually seem to be many others on the net at large using the same name.

Jamie

I just liked the way "Iceman" sounded on Top Gun when I was younger, even though I wasn't a huge fan of Val Kilmer in that movie. Then I started using it on the computer, and have stuck with it. And the 900t part comes from my car...a Saab 900 Turbo..It's always something like that...Iceman944(Porsche 944), IcemanVFR(Honda VFR), whatever happens to be the hot thing at the moment...It's funny how your SN really doesn't change too much! It's not like I really like my nickname, it's just easier I suppose, to use the same name every time you join something, or play a game or whatever...you know, remembering usernames and whatnot. Not to mention, changing email addresses isn't always the easiest thing to do.

Ben

I am Wristshot, because I have no Slapshot.

Hockey fans understand, and non-fans would never get it.

I picked the nickname from the name of a Roller Hockey team of some friends when I was using chatrooms last century, and it has stuck. It works for me. And I still don't have a decent Slapshot after all these years. *sigh*

Wristshot

Um, I dive and I enjoy punk music? I gave up the blue mohawk when I got out of school, but my first hood had a green 'fun-fur' mohawk. Maybe I should add that to my current hood? :p

Don't worry though, I only start an underwater mosh pit if I know you well enough...

So even though I've traded the mohawk for a more 'respectable' hair do and traded the blue for grey (at age 33 no less), I'm still 12 years old at heart and if I'm in a good mood, I let the dogs use my skateboard :wink:

-Frank

Mempilot ...

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume you're flying a 747 at NW ... how long have you been on that equipment ? ... I ask because my father retired off the -400 about 4 years ago.

IslandHopper:
Mempilot ...

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume you're flying a 747 at NW ... how long have you been on that equipment ? ... I ask because my father retired off the -400 about 4 years ago.
No, not the 74; however, I'd love their pay! I fly for their subsidiary in the other little known 4-engine red tail whose engines whine with a British acsent. I make annually what a 74 captain makes in less than 2 months!

Well, when I was in college, we did alot of drugs. So I was nick named Crisp. As in "burnt out". My best friend from that era changed it to Crispos. He is now a forensic psychologist at Penetang and getting married for the 2nd time on June 12. Neither of us have done any drugs for 20 years, darn.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom