The FBI took my salvage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

concerning a friends ex girlfriends parents, but true none the less.

Father comes home for lunch and to find a rusty (BOMB SHAPED) object sat on the kitchen work top. mother explains she has been doing some gardening and dug this up (it was in UK so probably some unexploded WW2 ordnance). They casually have lunch together then father puts the rusty bomb in boot (sorry trunk) of car and drives to local police station on way back to work (it wasnt secured and was rolling about - Doh). Walks in and plonks the object on reception counter. The police station was subsequently sealed off for a couple of hours whilst bomb squad did their stuff

....and he who has one enemy will meet him everywhere.

Rick,
You have probably been admonished not to speak about the experience, but keep us updated if anything new happens; in code if you have to.
Think of the stories you could tell if you took up flying.

JustAddWater once bubbled...
[BRick,
You have probably been admonished not to speak about the experience, but keep us updated if anything new happens; in code if you have to.
Think of the stories you could tell if you took up flying. [/B]
Not much chance the FBI will be in a hurry to keep me posted.
Here's a conversation I had with a non-diving friend:
Me:"Somebody throws this stuff in the river and thinks no one will find it? How stupid can a guy be?"
Friend:"Actually, I was thinking that about the guy who goes solo diving the river in 40 degree water when it's 20 degrees out.

p.s.
DGYEB WF DHIOPHD DNDJS, H HWUDHB DNJ DNBSB ND DNS N JKBBGD JBUJEGHD OEUGFJKX, BJIJET!

Hey Wendy,

Think all these forum posters know about the FBI's Carnivour??

jonnythan:
I did an interview for a company in Syracuse that does the location finding for the major cell phone providers all over the Northeast. The tech guys did the interview, which basically consisted of showing me all of the servers, the incoming lines, and the super neato mapping software.

would you like it more if i told you that they are looking at not only tracking your phone, but using the radio signals from the telephone system as radars..
so that they can follow ppl on the ground even if you turn off your phone..
now is thath neat or what...
we not there yet, but since we are already looking we will soon be there...

big brother is listening ;-)

Hobbs:
would you like it more if i told you that they are looking at not only tracking your phone, but using the radio signals from the telephone system as radars..
so that they can follow ppl on the ground even if you turn off your phone..
now is thath neat or what...
we not there yet, but since we are already looking we will soon be there...

big brother is listening ;-)

Actually, there are considerably easier and cheaper ways of doing that, so I wouldn't sweat the phone system.

Rick Inman:
What is it with me? A couple of months ago I found a 40 cal. launch grenade in the lake and the Air Force bomb squad came to my house and took it away (http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35209).
Saturday I found a red metal box (about 18”X12”X16”) in 12 foot of water in a local river. Inside, in a big trash bag, were a bunch of documents, half burned, some cut up. There were passports, Visas, Washington state drivers lic., social security cards (14 different ones, to be exact), cut up credit cards and more. There were computer disks burned and broken into pieces. The passports were issued in South Africa and it looked like the people entered the US through Canada. The names on the passports were not pronounceable by me. By the condition of the stuff I would guess it had not been in the river more than 24 hours. After a couple of calls, I was directed to the FBI. I went down to the local office with the red metal case, and of course, they took it away. They seemed VERY interested. They wanted to know exactly where I found it and exactly when. They wanted to know what I'd touched. They wanted all MY info including my social security number.
Probably nothing, but weird, huh? You just never know what you’ll find in the water. People think they can just toss it in and it’s gone forever.

:icosm13:

Hey Rick, are you talking about a 40MM grenade projectile? If this was indeed a fired live 40 MM grenade it would be VERY dangerous! This projectile arms itself after leaving the (gun) projectile launcher at a certain distance. In most EOD range clearing operations they are blown in place because they are so dangerous! I would not pick one of these up if it had been fired and was a dud!

It is never a good idea to pick up any military ordnance! Many Civil War, WWI, WW II and beyond have proved to be live, when checked out by EOD people. Some WW I ordnance has been know to be filled with Mustard gas a (blister agent.) Some Japanese ordnance, particulary hand grenades can be very dangerous to handle due to them using pitric acid which can leak and form a crystal like substance around the fuse, etc.

Many people have been injured and/or killed by so called safe war souvenirs! Call the nearest Police and/or Military EOD unit to dispose of them! :eek:uttahere

ianr33:
Anybody know how the diving is in Guantanamo??:D

The Diving in GITMO is great 2.00 fills and great access and walls (Sorry-military only) :-0

Don Burke:
Actually, there are considerably easier and cheaper ways of doing that, so I wouldn't sweat the phone system.

That might be so,
but still they are testing it in lab environment already.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom