The First Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blair Mott

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
A new Force Fin model is still in the testing stages, but Bob has allowed Meesier42 to not only test, but write the first review. There are many applications to this fin and many names still being tossed in the hat for a model name.
hf_78_bpm.jpg

Thanks Meesier42 for all you insight and energy.

well, with Bob's go ahead, the abbreviated review

Its a beast. The water control vanes that are built into the fin are extremely effective at eliminating lateral shutter, its amazing how such small vanes can stabilize the kick.

I'll start with application for Scuba (this is a ScubaBoard afterall)- Plain and simple the best frog kicking fin I have ever used, when you want distance per kick its there, when you want super fine control its there, when you want accurate/awkward sculling movements its there. For the frog kicking scuba diver, the fin is probably ready for production (I say probably, because its Bob's call, not mine).

For U/W Hockey- all of the fine control and rapid feedback that the fin offers, makes it a great fin for hockey. All of the above control features make it excellent for hockey, there are a couple of adjustments to be made
1) size, right now its a XXL, need a smaller size to properly fit barefoot (although XXL will fit most drysuit boots)
2) adjusting the stiffness to allow a higher kick cadence, which will improve top speed and acceleration

an additional note- this fin performed flawlessly on the surface, better than my Mares Superchannels, or my Carbon fiber Leaderfins. Probably too expensive a fin for the snorkeling market, but for those of us shore divers its a nice plus.

overall I am extremely pleased with how it turned out, I think Bob is going to have 2 winners here, both in the Scuba (XXL) and Hockey (L) markets, although they might be slightly different. And by the way, I want to say thank you to Bob for creating and continuing work on this project for me. Its been fun working with you and I have no idea how to properly thank you for this fin, I just hope that the rest of the Hockey market falls in love with it as I have and you have the opportunity to make some money of them. Thanks Bob!

New name idea for this fin.

Frog Force Fin

This name will indicate the wider appeal of this fin to scuba and other water users, not just limit to underwater hockey.

Also Messier42's great review tells of this fins amazing ability at frog kick. This is the prefered kick of many divers and it is not easy to achieve a smooth frog kick with all fins. This one certainly appears to have it in the bag.

Also scuba divers are often referred to as frogmen.....

Frogs.....little body with all thier power in thier webbed legs.

The Frog Force Fins give people this power in thier kicks....:wave:

The Frog Force also sounds good !!!

Meesier 42, Today, I started to create 4 new masters in the xxl Hockey fin mold. Tomorrow, I am coming into the Lab to start making those changes for you. We have found a special NEW material for this fin that will blow your suit off.

Meesier 42, Since the first phase of this fin has some thing special and ...I was looking at the Production mold and your report and my thoughts and feel maybe we should make a few of these Beauty's in the "NEW" Material. Let's discuss the Durometer and make a few for sale as Historical models since the effort and performance demands it.

before you do too much, I think we need to get Avi a pair and if he likes them as much as I do then take them to production as is for Scuba. I'm sure he is going to like them, I am guessing he will really like the 82A's that you have, the 86's might be too stiff for his liking.

Blair- haven't you gotten them wet yet? what did you think.

oh- with the "new" material can we do tie-dye? talk about head turners

lucky to test... you have no idea, testing is only the last part. I am lucky that FF is even making such a fin at my begging. THANKS AGAIN Bob...

Any idea when this new design might be available and the price point?

BDSC,
Bob just gave me the word. Place your orders now you will get the fins in 30 days. $400.00 USD and he will be making them only in Smoke Black. This is for the XXL size.
XL and L will be following shortly there after.

Back
Top Bottom