The First Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok Blair or Bob, I have a question.

First off I pretty much do the clear, warm water, caribbean diving to places like Bonaire, Caymans, Roatan, Cozumel, etc. I also took up doing video back in early 2008 and fell in love with it and will be sticking with it. So I find myself usually taking my time and going slow but there will be occasions when I will see something off at a distance and I want to get to it fast before it goes away or I miss the shot.

I guess what I am saying is that from time to time, I need speed. I know you have several different models of Force Fins for the scuba diver. So which would you recommend as the best fin that would meet my needs including any new models coming out?

Thanks,

BDSC

BDSC,
Bob just gave me the word. Place your orders now you will get the fins in 30 days. $400.00 USD and he will be making them only in Smoke Black. This is for the XXL size.
XL and L will be following shortly there after.

Any chance he will be making them in colors later (really wanted Yellow)?
Are these being made with the "new" material?
Will these come with standard straps or bungies?
Will comfort insteps fit these?

BDSC,
Excellerating Force Fin is the fin for your diving needs.

TN Traveler,
Colors- they will be made in only in Smoke Black
They will be made in the new material
You decide Bungie or Nylon heel strap
Comes with a comfort instep and a Fin Bag

So I find myself usually taking my time and going slow but there will be occasions when I will see something off at a distance and I want to get to it fast before it goes away or I miss the shot.

I guess what I am saying is that from time to time, I need speed. I know you have several different models of Force Fins for the scuba diver. So which would you recommend as the best fin that would meet my needs including any new models coming out?

Thanks,

BDSC

My advice is somewhat as clear. I have 2 favorites for scuba.
1) For my drysuit or pushing loads (DSLR camera) there are few fins that I like better than the TanDelta Excellerators
2) When diving laid back in warm water (wetsuits) I prefer the easy kicking and small size of my Pro's or Flying Force. not to mention their tiny size make them really easy to travel with.

The modifications that we are making are to improve it for Hockey purposes, meaning it must get to top speed in 2-3 kicks, must stop and turn 180 and back to top speed in 2-3 seconds, must be largely smooth and have no dangerous edges, and will be used almost exclusively with a high rate flutter or dolphin kick, and is used during very high activity. Although, in the end, these mods have the side effect of making them really good frog kicking fins.

Meesier42, Saturday, In the lab I was able to put five hours into our Hockey fin. Looking very nice. Bob

TN Traveler, your pair of this "No name" fin will be made next week out of material that's out of this world. Please remember the fin you're purchasing is among the first made from this mold. I am making some very small changes, like no hole in the foot pocket, thinning down the tapering edges on the next model. You are purchasing a collector's edition. Starting 2010 with a fin what will blow you away!

Thanks Bob

I am really looking forward to the fin. Wish I could give it a good workout before May - but maybe, if I can find a good deal for travel, I can. At least it will provide some incentive to try harder :wink::wink:

How come you decided to remove the hole in the foot pocket? I have a high instep and figured it might be a little more comfortable, but since I'll probably wear a comfort instep with them most of the time, it shouldn't make much difference.

TN, Your model will have the Hole. So the votes are in some like the Hole and some don't like the hole. I feel we might be losing some transfer of energy and will try to thin the foot cap so it will not be so hard on the instep. At work now, going up stairs to the fin Lab. Best, Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom