The graveyard at Jocassee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandmanz32

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi guys, been awhile since i posted anything. Had a great day of diving at the lake yesterday 9-29. first dive of the day was at the graveyard. was my first time diving there. the lake is insanly low right now, my dive buddy touched a gravemarker and his floor was 112'. it was an excellent dive, vis was 35ft, temp on the bottom was 53 degrees. i find itamazing that the graves still look freshly cut after over 50years. next dive was on the junk, standard stuff just a slow, easy relaxing dive. went over the wall andtouched the keg....wich was at 75' ***! lol. I sat out the next 2 dives at the platform because the pickens dive team was out there with theirbottom walkers mucking it up. last dive of the day was my first night dive. we dove the junk, seen a huge bass, and quite a few catfish. the nightsky was an awesome sight to someone who lives in the city. 4 more dives and im AOW! all and all a great day of diving minus thesunburn and sinus squueze that is lol, just figured id share!

It sounds like you had fun. How about a Halloween night dive? Sound like a great place to find ghost. I know Off The Wall has done it before.

yea it was awesome! there was 1 stone that was really bigi think one of the guys said it ws the "hinkle" stone...i dunno i could be wrong. anyways, they were all pretty mad cuz some1 had knocked it off its base and it was half stuck in the muck. reall shame too cuz it was a very pretty marker. some just have no respect i suppose

I think that is Silas Hinkles' marker. If you do a search on you tube a Russian guy put up some pretty good footage of his dive there this past summer.

That is too bad that someone would knock it over. I have heard the Hinkle family would like the stone raised, but don't have the funds to hire someone to make that happen.

Back
Top Bottom