The great big, all-inclusive Leisure Pro note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me start by admitting I have always been pro LDS. After all the post about how much money you guys have saved I figured I would give LP a chance. Heres my tale of woe. I ordered a bag from LP on Mon. 1-12-04 around 11:30 a.m. the sales man said the only way they would get it out that day was if I paid for 3 day service ( yikes I live in NJ and work in shipping, I know that I am 1 day GROUND ) it's a gift for my wife so I swallow hard because the sales man won't budge. On Wed. it comes in and it is the WRONG bag. I call up and the sales man ( I wrote down name , order# everything) say "thats what you ordered" ,I ordered a backpack and they sent me a shoulder bag, we NEVER use or would consider shoulder bags as they are too uncomfortable. He agrees to take it back since I refuse to accept it. Now they don't have the bag ( probably why they sent the wrong bag) so I have to haul on down to the LDS and pay 2 day to get it here by Fri. All told $12.55 for 3 day to me from LP, $5.95 to return the item to LP and $23.50 for 2 day from LDS. All told $42.00 in shipping, what a waste. No boys and girls I will gladly go back to the LDS and pay it up front and know that they will take care of me, hell it can't be any worse.

...and if the LDS has sent you the wrong bag? Would you never use them again?

LP is a business, just like any other, and that means that they can make mistakes - there's probably been thousands of successful transactions with them from members of this board that you never hear about.

Sounds like you had pretty good customer service after the bag turned up - they took back a non-faulty product and gave you a refund. It's your word against the salesman as to who made the mistake, but being in business myself - "the customer is always correct", so they would have taken the bag back to try and satisfy you and keep you as a future customer - instead they get a post badmouthing them on the web in return. It's standard business practice that the customer wears the shipping costs in any return scenario.

It never ceases to amaze me about how many people complain about online purchases (in general, not just scuba), that they place and expect to get the following day, or complain when they miss a deadline for a gift or a trip. Someone at the business still has to find the products from stock, package them, generate an invoice, and then ship them. Not everyone is set up like Amazon. You ordered Monday and got it Wednesday - that's pretty darn quick.

scuubaadoo:
Let me start by admitting I have always been pro LDS. After all the post about how much money you guys have saved I figured I would give LP a chance. Heres my tale of woe. I ordered a bag from LP on Mon. 1-12-04 around 11:30 a.m. the sales man said the only way they would get it out that day was if I paid for 3 day service ( yikes I live in NJ and work in shipping, I know that I am 1 day GROUND ) it's a gift for my wife so I swallow hard because the sales man won't budge. On Wed. it comes in and it is the WRONG bag. I call up and the sales man ( I wrote down name , order# everything) say "thats what you ordered" ,I ordered a backpack and they sent me a shoulder bag, we NEVER use or would consider shoulder bags as they are too uncomfortable. He agrees to take it back since I refuse to accept it. Now they don't have the bag ( probably why they sent the wrong bag) so I have to haul on down to the LDS and pay 2 day to get it here by Fri. All told $12.55 for 3 day to me from LP, $5.95 to return the item to LP and $23.50 for 2 day from LDS. All told $42.00 in shipping, what a waste. No boys and girls I will gladly go back to the LDS and pay it up front and know that they will take care of me, hell it can't be any worse.

Thanks for the info, I will avoid those people!
and uh....what about your item?

after I paid for 3 day service , and since I am a 1 day service they did not keep to their promise of getting it out the same day as I would have gotten it on TUESDAY if they had done as they said they where going to do. And if the LDS made the mistake I would expect Them to eat the shipping. Also I NEVER would have ordered a shoulder bag, so if you want to defend LP at least give Me the benefit of knowing what I want,when I order it.

i understand you're upset. however, in the end they made a mistake, shipped the wrong model, took it back and refunded your money. it's a type of mistake that can always happen when you have to order something. i would not have been happy eating the shipping either but that's pretty much standard. still, it's hard to lose money buying at lp.

I think that the shipping costs are peanuts with the orders that most folks probably place at LP at any one time. In just one order, I saved about $700 compared to the prices at my LDS, and everything came promptly and as-ordered. If anything had been shipped incorrectly, however, I'd gladly eat the shipping to return & exchange given the overall amount I saved.

I used them for the first time last month a bit hesitantly, but was very pleasantly surprised. A week ago, I ordered a new mask, fins, and a Suunto compass. The mask & fins arrived in 3 days of placing my order (NY to Nashville) & I received an email telling me the SK7 was out of stock, and it would be 2-3 weeks before it could be shipped (I knew it was out of stock when I ordered). Surprisingly, only a week has passed, and yesterday I got a pleasant note that it has been shipped. Should be here tomorrow.

I think tempers always tend to run a bit high when we order things that we want by a drop-dead date for a gift. In these circumstances, it might be nice to get the item from people you know & trust.

Depending on the price of your bag, I understand that you're upset with the shipping costs you've just spent, but I bet leisurepro would've eventually sent the correct bag to you free-of-charge had you not needed it so soon. Really, you would've only been out the $6 it cost to return, and if that little bit eliminated the cost difference between LDS & LP, you shouldn't have gone with LP in the first place.

Jim

Oh look, another LeisurePro thread. I honestly believe we should have a sub-forum dedicated strictly for them. It would certainly get more postings than most of the other forums on the board...

If they sent the wrong thing, they should eat the shipping.

If you think a forum on leisure pro would happen here think again.
They genarate revenue for the board owners and there may be some legal problems for the board owners if to many negative threads appear.
So don't look for that in the future.
But I had a problem with LP as well and I will never buy from them again.
They're a gray market dealer at best. They buy and sell used equiptment as well as buying left over items and lots from other dealers going out of buisness. That's not to say there's something wrong with the stuff, I just don't like their customer service when something goes wrong.
I'll stick to my LDS. Given the option my LDS will price match or at least come close enough for me. Besides I like to genarate buiness for all my local buinesses. Keeping the money close to home is always a good thing.
Fred

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom