The great big, all-inclusive Leisure Pro note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lairdb:
How so? I don't see a written processing time representation anywhere on their site -- do you mean they shipped by ground when you had paid for air?

This is an quote from the LP Shipping Policy:

"If you require faster service, phone your order in before noon (Eastern Standard Time) and specify RUSH SERVICE. We'll get it out the same day at a minimal $5.00 charge and ship by UPS 3 Day Select service."

OK, I'm done being piss'd. I wrote the thread after I got off the phone with LP this morning. I'm done with them. I understand everyone doesn't have the same opinions that I do, and not all even care. No problem. I do not think nor did I want to imply anyone who buys from LP is "stupid". I had a problem with LP and wanted to inform others of my experience.

Isn't that what this site is all about?

Anyway I appreciate all comments and did not wish to torque anyone.

outlawaggie:
I will never understand why ANYONE would buy from LeisurePro. ScubaToys.com, Scuba.com and other will match LP prices and you get a MANUFACTURERS Warranty.

Really not that difficult to understand, just look at the prices........

This subject is soooo old. If you want to spend the money, go to your LDS. I've used LP numerous times, no problems.......fast delivery too.

ShakaZulu:
Really not that difficult to understand, just look at the prices........

This subject is soooo old. If you want to spend the money, go to your LDS. I've used LP numerous times, no problems.......fast delivery too.

that was the point of my post. scubatoys.com etc will price match LP. Why use LP when an authorized shop will give you the same price?

by the way, I agree the topic is extremely old. Although I agree with you on buying online vs the LDS (a waste of 50% or more) it is like argueing politics. Nobody is going to change their minds.

Of course like in politics, I'm right. Bush/Cheney '04. Saving your a** like it or not. :wink:

Just kidding, everyones entitled to their opinion.

Been using them for 4 years, great service no problems. They really got the discount scuba gear ball rolling, before them the prices were locked in.

A prior dept head had a sign in his office "poor planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on mine" ie don't expect me to get my shorts in a knot and rush purchase orders because you didn't plan ahead.

I ALWAYS give my LDS (and others in the area) to meet a price I have found on-line. Sometimes they will...and sometimes they won't! When it is a big difference (>$50), the on line shop gets the order!

RDP:
This is an quote from the LP Shipping Policy:

"If you require faster service, phone your order in before noon (Eastern Standard Time) and specify RUSH SERVICE. We'll get it out the same day at a minimal $5.00 charge and ship by UPS 3 Day Select service."

OK, I'm done being piss'd. I wrote the thread after I got off the phone with LP this morning. I'm done with them. I understand everyone doesn't have the same opinions that I do, and not all even care. No problem. I do not think nor did I want to imply anyone who buys from LP is "stupid". I had a problem with LP and wanted to inform others of my experience.

Isn't that what this site is all about?

Anyway I appreciate all comments and did not wish to torque anyone.

Ha -- true; I missed that (though, to be fair, I don't think you specified that you'd used that service.) OK, failure on their part, and entirely fair and community-minded of you to warn us that they dont live up to it.

To the "stupid" remark -- that wasn't you, that was outlawaggie (and he didn't actually say "stupid", that was hyperbole on my part. He just said he didn't get it.)

DennisS:
A prior dept head had a sign in his office "poor planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on mine" ie don't expect me to get my shorts in a knot and rush purchase orders because you didn't plan ahead.

Ah, but as the OP has just pointed out, he paid the shorts-in-a-knot fee and thus has a legitimate expectation that they will do so. This does appear to be the rare but true case of LP actually failing to meet the written terms.

I have bought some stuff from them - over the internet when I lived in the South and actually been into their store since I moved to NY. I had been expecting a dive shop atmosphere when I went in but I didn't get that. They do state that they dive too but the guy that dealt with my order the first time I went in did not dive at all so I have to wonder what percentage of those working there do dive. Anyway, people earn their money and they have the choice to spend it. Nothing in this life comes with a 100% guarantee and it does boil down to personal choice. I like going to my LDS for the social aspect of it - I have also spent quite a bit of money there also and it is where I bought my dry suit as they made a deal that LP could not match - better price and free lessons in the pool!! :wink: Just keep an open mind and a firm grip on your wallet. :)

lairdb:
it's not just "anyone who orders from LP is stupid."

My sincerest apologies if I offended anyone. It your money do as you please. I realize that some people have had good experiences with LP. But from what I've read there are a lot that have had bad. I would prefer to deal with a vendor like Scubatoys which I have read only one negative post about.

Hmmmm .... I wonder how this thread would go if everyone that ever ordered from LP and didn't have a problem started a thead (versus only posts from dissatisfied folks). I wonder what the ratio of satisfied to dissatisfied would be?

I'm just curious and not meaning to start anything.

BTW, I've never had any problems with LP, including getting items replaced (broken fin strap) under their warranty, they were as prompt as any other company could be in shipping it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom