The land of Oz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure about Sydney itself, but there are some great destinations just down the coast.
Down the coast, Jervis Bay has some totally awesome dive sites. I love diving there. Definitely worth a look if you like big cliffs and beautiful reefs.

Up the coast is South West Rocks, which has some great diving too, more tropical and has gray nurse sharks and an ocean cave. Definitely worth a look if you have the time to travel outside of Sydney.

Have fun!

Another to add to Ag's list is Nelson Bay.

As for Sydney there is a variety of diving from deep wrecks to shallow shore dives.

The shore diving in Sydney is pretty good and quite a lot of it

Some of my favourite shore dives would be Shelly Beach, Balmoral, Clifton Gardens, Gordons Bay, Bare Island, Kurnell and Oak Park

For a good idea of what is available take a look at this web site http://www.michaelmcfadyenscuba.info/news.php

Looking like the most convienent dive will be Coogee. Now my question is should I take all of my gear half way around the world for just a two tank boat dive or rent? If rent all of my gear or take just some?

hmm ... for just two dives i would think it is hardly worth bringing your own gear

I would consider mask, boots and gloves and maybe regs

If you've got room in your luggage and you own a wetsuit which is appropiate for our water I'd consider bringing that as well - nothing worse than an ill fitting hire suit. It should be around 20-22 degrees celcius but Xmas.

Thanks for the water temp info. I will bring my 7m, with boots and gloves. I also have a 5m hooded vest. Was thinking of bringing my reg if I have room. My spouse doesn't dive so I am just looking at two or four dives. Will be there for 3wks. Any sight seeing you would recomend? We like off the beaten path things.

If you are in NSW I would head to the Blue Mountains and swing by Jenolan caves. It is reasonably popular with tourists but well worth visiting. The Blue Mountains are really beautiful and there are some great walks and the caves are spectacular.

Hope you are enjoying your visit.

Back
Top Bottom