The Official: A Very Cozumel Navidad -- Dinner Meeting or: Buy Jefe a Drink Night!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All the rest of you aren't having a party and not inviting me are you? I am getting a complex.....

Well ........ we were hoping you wouldn't catch on, but since you did .... yes, we've planned a Top Secret:cool2: Party based on the Top Secret:cool2: December List I've been keeping while you mangle the public December List ..... the Top Secret:cool2: Party is on the 9th ..... we figured once you got to El Moro on the 10th, the tequila would be gone before anyone else could order a Margarita ....:spit:

Geez! It's just sooooo hard to hide things from the cops these days!!! :rofl3:

Okay guys .... guess you'll will just have to go on the 10th!! We don't want to make CV mad!! :furious:

By amazing coincidence, I'm hoping to be in Cozumel that day and diving. But, I'm an Evil Cruise Ship Diver, and I must be back on the mothership with the rest of my pod before the appointed hour of your ceremonies. Perhaps I can go early and ruin the viz before the rest of you get there...

Seriously, it would have been very fun put some faces to the names...

Dear Chief,

I have a very crucial match of backgammon in Houston that week (actually my son is in the South Texas Soccer finals in Brenham, TX on the 8th) but I will try to send my partner Memo Mendoza. You may not like him much because he normally does not like people who dive else where, sorry!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

PS Chief, if my son loses early I'll be down, but only if you will buy me a drink/s.

Hi Guys - we had fun when we went 2 years ago and looking forward to seeing / meeting all again! (Dave - diving with you guys so please tell Memo he no longer has an excuse for not coming to buy us all drinks!)

Martina & David

Well, today is the day. Even if we don't have a ton of people. It will just make more special. If you didn't sign up, you are STILL welcome. Look for group who seems to be having the most fun and join them. If that isn't us you probably still made a better choice.

We missed the 3 pm ferry by a smidge. So we were forced to sit in Senor Frogs and drink beer and stare at the water for 2 hours. For the first time ever, the top deck on ultramar was open. So I went up for a look, before coming back to the band deck. Then they made all the people up top come down. Latin-ga was playing. They have a new older guy filling in for the guy that got married and apparently isn't allowed to come out so much.

I was worried about getting in shape for this dinner, so we went to Kinta and I drank a few margaritas "Alison" which is a special non-menu item. Mainly I think because anything that good and that strong is probably illegal. The red snapper special was terrific. I managed to find my way home.

So I think I am officially in shape for tonight! I hope the mensa divers show. Might raise our stature a bit?

so thanks to ICEMAGEDDON, my son and I will not be able to make it to Cozumel. Three cancelled flights and finally told we could get out Sunday night. Since our return is Tuesday morning, I just went ahead and cancelled the trip. On a good note, I was able to get complete refunds across the board. Enjoy the weather in Coz! Im looking at solid ice (not snow, ice) out my window.

Ben

Man, I wish I was there... even if i had to buy Jefe a drink! Ya'll have a good one :)

My currently non-diving +1 and I will be there Dec. 19-23. We're staying at Casa Mexicana. He will be doing his Discover Dive course with Blue Xt Sea. Hopefully I'll get in a few dives, but don't want to ditch him too often because this is the "convince him to become a diver" trip!
:)

... Oops, I put this in the wrong thread!

Last edited:
See? Now that it is consideration. One of our TINIEST SB meetings was graced by one of your peeps:

View attachment 172408

And "She Who Kills Lionfish" (who also has not RSVPed.)

Tell Memo just to look for the French Model, that will be me:

View attachment 172409

When are you coming back, I will be there until the 17th. I just scheduled this early to get the most people......

Good luck to your son!

Hey I resemble one of those peeps.....not one of the three in the front. I am sorry to say that I left on Dec 4th (She who kills lionfish's birthday...so you need to buy her a Marg)
We did visit Ray and did the Salutation with him .....and yes I am sure that he will mention the article in the Washington Post.
Have fun everyone!
Catch you next trip.
Diver Ken

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom