The only gear you have is a dive watch...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Relax and do some under 30 ft dives

lets see, 60/60; 100/25, yep, that's the "old way".... got a couple in between also rotting away in this noggin. Doesn't do much for repetitive dives though....

Well, if your first was 60/40, you still have 20 min at 60' to go. Unfortunatly, since I started diving a computer the correction for a 1 hr SI fell out of my head so I couldn't give you any additional time.

Bob
----------------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

Just dive and pray. I have rented a complete set of gear in several locations with out a c-card, shop looked up my cert. it's amazing what some people will do to make a sale and it really easy.
Print out a set of navy tables available online then cover with packing tape, will not last forever but will live for the day.

Well, if your first was 60/40, you still have 20 min at 60' to go. Unfortunatly, since I started diving a computer the correction for a 1 hr SI fell out of my head so I couldn't give you any additional time.

Bob
----------------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

post 17......

As already mentioned he "rule" of 120 is a really useful backup. I've used it after a computer failure.

If in any doubt a 20 minute safety stop. Something like 2@30 6@20 and 12@10 feet will give a huge safety margin.

A second dive would be more tricky. Time for a Margarita instead!

Say you're on vacation and you didn't know there was diving to be done, then one day, you run into a dive shop. You've got nothing but a dive watch. How do you go about planning a dive?

When I went for my first ever diving trip aboard, I only had my ow C-card and a Swatch. I hired everything from the dive shop.
How did I plan the dive? I believe there was such a thing call TABLE.

maybe use your buddy's tables????

Last edited:
When I've done this sort of diving while traveling, I've resorted to the so-called "trust-me" dive, where I hired a local divemaster on the assumption he knew from experience that the day's dive plan was safe. (Often, the shop would have required me to hire a DM anyway.) No, I don't advocate trust-me diving. I suppose if I had asked for a table the shop would have gladly let me use one.

I have seen a dive operator rent out a computer that has just been used by another diver to a diver about to do his first dive of the day!

Personally if all I have is my dive watch then I rent everything else and use tables.

I have seen a dive operator rent out a computer that has just been used by another diver to a diver about to do his first dive of the day!

Personally if all I have is my dive watch then I rent everything else and use tables.

Most computers can be reset. I am sure this was done first.

Back
Top Bottom