The only gear you have is a dive watch...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thats pretty sweet :)
My old watch I had to replace the battery once every 2-3 years and it was pretty annoying..

My wife bought me a Citizen Eco-Drive dive watch for our anniversary last month. A TOTAL suprise. I'm phyched to put it through the paces next week!!
This watch does have a depth guage, and records the last, deepest depth in memory. Battery charged by solar cell, at the highest charge level it should support dive mode for a couple of hours.

to the OP, as has been stated. If you are comfortable with the equipment that is available for rent, by all means make the dive. But if you are not comfortable, dive another day. I think pretty much everything you could need can be rented. If you are unfamiliar with any piece of equipment, make sure you get clarity from the staff on its operation before you leave with it. And even though the shop is responsible for its equipment, you are responsible for your safety, so make sure you do your own equipment checks prior to leaving as well.

Happy off-the-cuff diving!

How can you consider a dive watch without a pressure gauge?

Depth gauge alone isn't enough. I want pressure gauge too. And I want an altimeter gauge built-in for just in case I go hiking in the Himalayas and wanted to dive in a lake or something.

---------- Post Merged at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:52 PM ----------

BTW, all these talks and nobody mentioned Doxa with the US Navy dive table?

Say you're on vacation and you didn't know there was diving to be done, then one day, you run into a dive shop. You've got nothing but a dive watch. How do you go about planning a dive?
You are talking an oxymoron here. --Vacation--no diving planned or not knowing theres diving to be done. It aint happening.:D
On a business trip to Japan recently (NO chance of diving I thought) I still had regs and mask packed.

Simple for me, I don't dive without my own gear. If I can't drive there with my gear I don't want to dive there. The one exception would be Truk, even then I'd try my best to ship my gear ahead of me. Since I'll never be able to afford to go there its a non-issue.

Back
Top Bottom