The Shearwater Teric Announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wait times for the terrific Teric seem to now be matching iPhone X peaks!

One of the things that really struck me seeing the video is the ability to "hide" compass info and just have the heading markers "float" above the display. I think that's a fantastic touch. Congratulations

Which leads me to my suggestion. As an Eon User (boo hiss) I love the ability to have graphical displays.

Much like the fuel gauge on your car, during a dive, I'm really not interested in the exact gas contents, just the amount I have left. Same with NDL. I can of course read the precise numbers, at the start, near the end, but for the most part I Really only care about teh start pressure and when I get below 100bar (Green amber red)

My point being - it would be fantastic if it were possible to be able to select a graphical display around the outer circumference during the dive where you can glance, of course the important data is still there in numbers if you want to read it depending on your selections

The lack of graphical display has led me to shy away from changing to Perdix, as well as only 2 Tx , the OSTC can have more than 2 Tx, but I have no-where where I can physically touch and play before I buy (I'm old school like that)

I'm certainly keeping my eye on the Teric and will take a look when one lands here, although I understand it's likely that the first units are already spoken for

In my world I see it as a replacement for the DX, I was actually keep my eye open for a used DX that I could "daily wear" for teaching basic courses rather than having the Eon on my wrist.

I'm still open on my Main computer, as much as I like Perdix, it's the little things "I like" which aren't there which keeps me from shying away

Well done @Shearwater though. First class!

I just got mine yesterday... Wow, it's very solid and the interface is quite intuitive. I can't believe how crisp and clear the data is. I'm in Cozumel in 10 days, but I'm thinking of hitting a spring first.

Rechargeable Batteries
I know some people don't' like or trust not having user changeable batteries. While everyone is different and I respect people's opinions, my experiences below might help to re-assure some of you.

I use the Eon, which is rechargeable. I've had it now for 4+ years, and I live in Dubai. The Summer shade temps here are well above the general "maximum recommended" by electronics manufacturers

Over that time I've seen no degradation in the life of my battery (hours available after a charge) nor an increase in it's discharge rate.

Obviously as I near the 5 year mark I've been keeping a close eye. My computer gets used most weeks thus most weeks gets a mid week charge. Often it gets charged from full discharge because of the stupid, stupid water contacts being susceptible to high humidity and keeping it on (but that's a whole different story)

So if you are concerned about a non user changeable battery, I'd say don't be - unless of course you're somewhere without power for a decent amount of time. As a side point, my computer uses a USB lead, which means as well as being able to use any USB charger (phone/tablet) I can recharge it if need be from a power brick.

*I don't think that's possible with induction charging

* Prepared to be corrected

Wait times for the terrific Teric seem to now be matching iPhone X peaks!

I do not Iphone so I do not know what times usually are but I ordered one last night for Mrs Flush anniversary present and was told 10-12 weeks. I are sad.
She won't have it for Hondurus but maybe for Aqua Cat.

I do not Iphone so I do not know what times usually are but I ordered one last night for Mrs Flush anniversary present and was told 10-12 weeks. I are sad.
She won't have it for Hondurus but maybe for Aqua Cat.

Dive Gear Express was shipping units last week. I know someone with a tracking number from DGX that is supposed to receive his Teric today.

DGX currently shows them shipping in 4 - 7 days.

Shearwater Research Teric

Believe me, I've been tempted every day since May 28 :)

I emailed the owners of my shop on the night of the 28th to let them know I want one. I will find out later today what the status on that is.... :)

Maybe I should have gone that route but try to go through my LDS whenever I can. This was done last night so maybe 10-12 week is some auto generated message that came back. Guess we will see.

Mine arrives today through DGX - ordered 6 days ago.

Back
Top Bottom