The Shearwater Teric Announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bizarre: Shearwater went out of their way to show it being used for hiking and skydiving (!) in the launch video....

First thought, "Awesome, is this going to compete with the Garmin Descent? GPS and Altimeter?!"

I'm a recreational pilot. I also do adventure travel. I'd buy a full-featured multi-sensor watch that is also a dive computer, which the Descent ALMOST is but lacks air integration.

Read the specs. It doesn't have GPS. It doesn't have an Altimeter.

So you went out of your way to show people hiking and SKYDIVING with a dive computer. Why? Sorry, that's strange and borderline ridiculous.

Looks great. I think it's one of the nicer non-analog watches I've seen, and the styling is very understated. I've seen more expensive watches without half the style or taste.

Heck, give it an orange face setting and the DOXA Dirk whazzis-name people will buy it in droves! (Just kidding.)

The only info I couldn't find are the actual case dimensions. I must be looking in the wrong places.

I see the display size (1.39in so 35.3mm) , and you mention the standards 22mm watchband size, but what's the case diameter and thickness? Looks like maybe a 3mm bezel, for an overall diameter of 41mm or so?

Those seem to be traditional specs in the wristwatch world that watchfans always seem to want to know.

The sapphire crystal is a VERY nice touch, so few watches seem to still use them.

If I wasn't saving my pennies for a Perdix that I could actually see with my vision, these days...

I may be out of tune with current pop culture, but I've never heard the word Teric used the that way.

Finding a product name that is available (not protected by trademarks and copyrights) and doesn't say bad things about somebody's mother in every obscure language can be challenging. Look at the bazaar names of new drugs! There's even a company called NameLab that has been at for years. Best of luck with your new product.

which the Descent ALMOST is but lacks air integration.
I agree... I love the GPS & activity monitor in my descent, but I would rather wear a Shearwater all the time.

Yes. We expect to have the Teric Manual up soon.

Designed and built in Richmond, BC Canada. Along with all our other products. :D
Quick question on the alarms - can it be configured to alert with ONLY vibratory alarms as audible alarms are just plain annoying (and confusing to other divers). Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom