The Sony HDR-CX550V: To Buy or Not to Buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishEyeAdventures, I bought the camcorder in October. However it did not work in my old LANC-control housing as I was told by several aftermarket product sellers (but NOT by Sony). I traded one of my old housings in and will receive the new one for the CX550V tomorrow afternoon. Plan to test it this week.

So far I generally like the features and performance of the camcorder. The quality of the video is quite good, the AVCHD files are very easy to download to my computer via the USB cable, and I have no trouble editing them in Sony Movie Studio Platinum (on a 3.2 GHz quad core).

The ultimate test will be the video it produces underwater.

I can't wait to see your footage! You will like AVCHD once you get used to editing it. I am very happy I made the swith away from tape myself.
Please post some video clips! I miss Calif diving so much. Gotta get back out there this year.

robin:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom