The Tax Check Cometh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tarnis

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, well the IRS website says my check is on its way so I'm trying to figure out what computer to buy...would love to say price is not an issue but well gimme a break :)

Here's my options as I see them:
Uwatec Smart Com: Kind of want something air integrated as the guages I'm using are borrowed anyways and really need to be replaced at some point anyways so no sense in spending the money on both. The LDS that I normally dive with sells this one so I'm kinda trying to buy from them and this is what they got...I'm not crazy about the contacts though. Do like the idea of the IR Port on the other hand so I don't need to buy a cable on top of everything.

Uwatec Smart Pro and seperate guages: Adds up to the same as the smart com in the end. Am I better off with this if I don't have a backup computer?

Oceanic Veo 200 w/Console: This is what I started out with in my brain. Some say it's too aggressive.

Sherwood Wisdom: Price is darned good from scuba toys. Can save a couple of bucks.

VR2: Have yet to see one in person but from what I read it sounds great.

Guess I'm pretty far along at this point in deciding. How is the Wisdom compared to the Uwatec's? Anyone have any thoughts on the Delta's?

I just got nitrox certified...I don't forsee myself even bothering with Tri-Mix in reality. Generally do a single or two tank dive a few times a month although looking to do a weeklong trip in the not so distant future here and there throughout the year.

Thanks!
Matt

tarnis:
Hi, well the IRS website says my check is on its way so I'm trying to figure out what computer to buy.

Um, one that will help with your tax planning. If your refund is that significant, then you gave the government an interest-free loan for much of the year.

--Laird

Can't help you on your computer choice since you didn't list the one I own (Aeris Atoms 2). But, like you, I spent my entire refund on dive gear.....$2400. Bought a drysuit (Bare), 2 PST HP 120 tanks, DUI weight harness, oxygen analyzer, Jet fins, and a bunch of other small crap. Whats left will be spent in Hatteras next weekend.

Like I said this doesn't answer your question. I just wanted to share. :eyebrow:

It looks like Bush's tax plan for economic recovery does work. Give people their money back through lower taxes and they will purchase goods stimulating the economy. I'm doing the same with my refund, more or less.

I stimulated the economy with the help of Scuba Toys - now I have a nice shiny new Atomics B2. Now I'm torn - have no idea what computer to get either. In same circumstance as Tarnis. I'd like it to be hoseless and AI, though.

DiveKitty68:
I stimulated the economy with the help of Scuba Toys - now I have a nice shiny new Atomics B2. Now I'm torn - have no idea what computer to get either. In same circumstance as Tarnis. I'd like it to be hoseless and AI, though.

If your looking for a hoseless AI unit...look into the Suunto Vytec. Great computer, you can program up to 3 different mixes and change to them while diving. And when/if you get into Trimix, you will be able to put it in gauge mode.

Great computer that will not become obsolete as you gain in experience.

Back
Top Bottom