Thermometer recommendations or warnings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ho, ho, ho...

Learned about a flaw in using the cheaper room thermometer when I worked with my reg oct today. Their held together with glue - which doens't hold up in saltwater. Duh?

I'm getting one like Pufferfish suggested. Thanks for starting the thread, so I could learn, too...!

D-Don :eek:ldguy:

I bought one of the wristwatch mounted thermometes, and wore it on a dive trip to Catalina, however - when I looked down to see how cold it was below the second t-clime, it was gone! Sent it back to Divers Direct, but didn't hear from them. Called them today, and they're mailing me one. This time I'll spot weld it with super glue.

I tried supergluing a plastic thermometer so it wouldn't fall apart in saltwater for my next trip while I was waiting, but it broke. Myabe I'll tape one to the back of my slate?

I've long wondered if there's something wrong with my computer's thermometer because the reading doesn't seem to vary much even when I feel really cold at depth. This could be the explanation - Ive gone shallower before the correct temp can register!
:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom