They are a gimmick

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you talking fin length or pocket size. My daughter uses them. She's a size 8 shoe and has no issues.

I'm talking pocket size. Is she able to use them without the inserts? Winsu's post makes me apprehensive about using them with inserts.

No, she dives in a wet suit and uses the inserts and they work fine. I also use the inserts when I dive in a wet suit, but remove them when diving in a dry suit. They give you a little more support around your boot.

Thank you for all your posts!

We are extremely happy to announce that production for Medium size Flipfins is scheduled for early May. This size will finally fit majority of women, Juniors and men's small size.

We are looking for suggestions for one additional color - Pink should we say. All ideas and color samples are welcome!!!

Best Regards,

Omega Aquatics, Inc.

No, she dives in a wet suit and uses the inserts and they work fine. I also use the inserts when I dive in a wet suit, but remove them when diving in a dry suit. They give you a little more support around your boot.

scuba_frog...

What size are you using exactly? A large with inserts?

Me? I think they are an XL (I checked, no sizing marks on the fins that I can see) and I do use the inserts when diving wet. I normally wear a size 11 shoe.

I love mine.
Most of my diving is from shore where I have to walk 50 or more yards to enter.
These make that trek effortless.
As far as kicks.....well. I had a pair of the early production fins and had a problem with them popping open while using frog kicks.
I returned them, no questions asked, for a newer model and haven't had a problem since.
They even paid the shipping on the new pair.
Omega Aquatics flip fins are AWESOME....

That's some great customer service.

Me? I think they are an XL (I checked, no sizing marks on the fins that I can see) and I do use the inserts when diving wet. I normally wear a size 11 shoe.

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my last post...

I meant your daughter.

I too wear size 8 and only dive in wet suits.

She's out of town right now so I can't check with her, but based on Omega's sizing chart, a large should work. You can always shoot them an e-mail at info@omegaaquatics.com and see what they say.

I've been diving for over 20 years and was one of the first to use these fins. I did have a problem shortly after with the fins not staying locked in place. I called Omega and they replaced the fins for me. After a few years the boot started to crack and I called them again and they again replaced them with another set at no cost to me. I like the fins very much. They do exactly as advertised. From a safety stand point I think they're great. No one is stepping on my fins, nor do I have any problem walking around the dive boat. Going up a ladder, you need to go a little slower but you never need to take the fins off until your safely on the boat. They always lock in place on the first kick for me. Getting into smaller boats for liveaboards is great, While everyone is struggling to get their fins on, I'm just sitting there waiting. They have pull spring straps. Beach diving in Bon Aire and that type of enviroment is great. Put them on in the parking lot and walk over the rocks/concrete/steps/ whatever and you don't need to balance on one foot while trying to put your fins on in the water.

Back
Top Bottom