Thirteen Lives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I still don't know why they didn't wear gloves... is there a specific reason? Who wants their hands all cut up for no reason?

Sorry to arrive a bit late, but I just watched the movie. When Stanton is preparing to swim the pump mechanic out he gets Volanthan to give him his mask. I'm not a cave diver but I thought they pretty much carried 2 of everything, including a mask. Is that not right?

Sorry to arrive a bit late, but I just watched the movie. When Stanton is preparing to swim the pump mechanic out he gets Volanthan to give him his mask. I'm not a cave diver but I thought they pretty much carried 2 of everything, including a mask. Is that not right?
Not necessarily. And the UK cave/sump divers are a different breed than FL/MX cave divers.

Have not seen that yet... I have to get my buddy/financial planner/wife to authorize the subscription :wink:
I just got a card in the mail advertising 1 month of Disney+ for $1.99 for new subscribers, ends 9/19. They're betting of course, that you'll forget to cancel, or get hooked on some content you can't live without. I'm gonna give it a shot.
Did you marry my ex? If so, never got a chance to thank you! 😄
Hilarious!

I watched both movies, and enjoyed both. 'Thirteen Lives' did a better job of outlining the topside logistics i.e flooding the fields and pumping out the water. Viggo and Colin did a great job, but I felt their characters were somewhat two dimensional. 'The Rescue' did a better job of showcasing the divers and made them more appealing. Netfilx just released limited series 'Thai Cave Rescue'. I have not watched it yet, but I have the feeling that it will disappoint after watching 'The Rescue'. Perhaps when I am done with the Jeffrey Dahmer mini series, I may give the other one a shot.

Good comparison. I enjoyed both as well, and thanks for the Netflix tip.
Q: Does anyone what size cylinders were used for supplying the boys with 80% oxygen? They looked like AL80s but not sure if they are common in that part of the world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom