This blows me away!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Loudgonzo.... you know you're never to hold your breath while diving! That would then count as freediving and I think you have to log that in a different logbook.

D.C.C.

I don't think I can fully submerge in one foot of water, so it would depend on whether you parse it as "Self-Contained Underwater (Breathing) Apparatus" or "Self-Contained (Underwater Breathing) Apparatus". It would still be underwater breathing, but it it would at least partially fail to be underwater apparatus.

Plus, a dive that shallow would mean you'd have no depth multiplier for your SAC, so it would take *far* too long to drain a tank. :D

catherine96821:
I've noticed that! Can't get no respect unless you play with ankle weights for the space suit. And without multiple cylinders, you are ...nothing. That is why I don't bother to log, my dives are not be worthy.
Wait a minute! I've been subtracting warm water dives from my dive count. You don't have to do that??

:wink:

I think several of these folks include their "cyber dives" here on SB as well as real ones in water. I do log in excess of 300 dives in a year on occasion, but then I'm a dive bum.

bane51031:
Opalobsidian, makes me wonder what you were doing shower diving with a buddy ?Current protocol is mandatory solo shower dives unless it is recreational then it cannot be looged as a dive..

Well, I had never been in that particular shower before, and learned in my SHADI Open Shower course that one should NEVER dive alone in such a situation.

So it's already LOGGED:blinking:
Pamela

Shore dives count?
I never logged a shore dive. Where I live my shore dives have entailed some of the following distractions:
A group baptism at the entry
A homeless guy bathing in the shallows talking to an empty beer bottle
A rather large older lady in one of those one piece suits with the skirt attached relieving herself at the entry
And somehow, I did not consider the dive loggable when a kid with mask and fins swims down and puts face against mine and does that stupid undewater grin.
Oh, wait. That's right, I haven't logged any of my dives the past 6 years :)

If you dive semi professionaly you could of course rack up alot more then that...

However I do know a guy who has been diving since the mid sixties... and has now racked +10000 dives. I believe part of it is as a volunteer for a firedepartment, but most of them are just dives for sport/hobby.

That means on average over 40 years 250 dives every year!

And yes I'm quite sure that these are no 'cyberdives'.

opalobsidian:
Well, I had never been in that particular shower before, and learned in my SHADI Open Shower course that one should NEVER dive alone in such a situation.

So it's already LOGGED:blinking:
Pamela

I like to shower dive with a buddy as well!! There's no other way to go. Always safe!! haha

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom