This blows me away!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MissyP:
I know a lot of people with kids and they all find ways to dive... but maybe they just have a stronger desire.. As the saying goes.. "where there's a will, there's a way."
:D :D :D

yeah, but not 300/year (which is the topic)... unless you wanna wake up in the future and hear: Mom, who's that guy?:huh:

It's a question of priority. And personnaly, I am pretty happy with it :)

Around where I live, it's not all that unusual for serious divers to get in more than 300 dives per year

That would get me divorced. Thus the 175 instead :)

but seriously. My first year diving, when I used my own (Dad's) boat, I might do 6 on a weekend. If I did that every weekend, I would have hit 300. Diving strictly tables and air, not all the dives were what I would consider quality dives.
Even today, I often make dives in the Palm Beach inlet at high tide (Blue Heron Bridge)to test new gear, do weight checks or dive with kids or folks needing refreshers. I never really considered logging them (if I were serious about logging dives that is.)

Splitlip:
Well...DUH. They dive once a day. Come on man do the math.:wink:

I did do the math and obviously people don't work 8-5 every day and when you get home you still have the familly, the house, pay bills, do grocery, cook food, the dog no problem has she has her lifejacket and follows our bubbles at the top and yes I have my own boat and my wife is my dive buddy so anybody out there wants to pay me so I can quit my job and dive all the time..... did I forget spend time on scubaboard!!!1

TSandM:
That would get me divorced.
Worked for me ... :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Opalobsidian, makes me wonder what you were doing shower diving with a buddy ?Current protocol is mandatory solo shower dives unless it is recreational then it cannot be looged as a dive.

"Does the shower I just took count if I only stayed in for 5 minutes? I got cold and had to call the shower, even tho I had to leave my buddy behind. His tank was still 2000 PSI I think he's alright, altho he hasn't surfaced yet."

Seriously though someone was one here logging a dive for each time he surfaced? WOW! I think someone should of failed O/W cert.

I know someone who once logged a 15 minutes, 1' dive :11:
we're still teasing this person after some years... and she still defends her position that it counted as a dive :sigh:

wardric:
I know someone who once logged a 15 minutes, 1' dive :11:
we're still teasing this person after some years... and she still defends her position that it counted as a dive :sigh:

A 1' dive? I think SparticleBrane got deeper than a foot in that avatar he sports. Let's ask him if he logged that dive :wink:

I slept with my new BC once ... can I log it???

Can I log splashing water on my face every morning? Not only that, but I hold my breath while I do it also:D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom