This blows me away!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most people seem to have overlooked a point TSandM brought up. This isn't 300 dives in one year. This is 300 dives in less than two years.

If the person in question rounds up, it's 300 dives in 1.5 years, but if they don't change to their profile to two years until the two-year anniversary of their certification, they could show in the 300-dive category with basically two years of diving (less some small amount).

So, let's say they've been diving for 100 weeks (which is less than two years), and they claim 300 logged dives. That puts them at a mere 3 logged dives per week, which is hardly outlandish.

wardric:
you guys dont have kids do ya???
Nope, and my lovely buddy is teaching English over 6800 miles away from me. Wouldn't *you* drown your sorrows at depth? :(

:D

wardric:
you guys dont have kids do ya???
That's what *I'm* thinking...

We've got FIVE.

If I want to enhance my diving frequency, I'll have to drown most of 'em...

or raise them as future buddies :D

F1000015.jpg

F1000027.jpg

I've been diving since last fall and have 32 dives. That entails a 3 hour flight and hotel/rental car costs and three months off with a shoulder surgery. If I lived anywhere near the coast where I could drive there I'm sure that I'd have a hundred or two dives. I gotta sell out and get outta here. The north is no where for an addicted dork diver to be living.

That's funny. My profile says 50-99 dives too. I never noticed that untill now. Guess I'll change it.

There are lots of reasons why a person might not be able to dive with this kind of frequency, but that doesn't make it unbelievable that people do. After all, there are more than a few motivated divers who live near good dive sites, own their own gear, have buddies nearby, and don't have commitments that rule out diving. I don't see why the numbers are so mind blowing... heck, I know people who find time to ski 100 days a year.

Garrobo:
The north is no where for an addicted dork diver to be living.
Don't believe it. The north is a great place for a dive dork. It's the landlocked BS you have to look out for.

Landlocked as I am, with 2 young kids, i'm happy to dive 50-60 times per year.

I dived with a fellow SBer in Florida who could (can) get out of his home fully geared, walk the beach, swim 100 yards and dive a nice reef. He can dive as often as I can take an evening walk. :shakehead

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom