This blows me away!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NWGratefulDiver:
Around where I live, it's not all that unusual for serious divers to get in more than 300 dives per year ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Shoot.. I thought I was doing pretty good with 200 a year ... of course I live 20 min from the ocean and we have a boat... so wait~ I SHOULD be getting 300/yr! :11:
(btw, I was certified mid Feb 05 and I don't count pool dives lol)

MissyP:
Shoot.. I thought I was doing pretty good with 200 a year ... of course I live 20 min from the ocean and we have a boat... so wait~ I SHOULD be getting 300/yr! :11:
(btw, I was certified mid Feb 05 and I don't count pool dives lol)
Yeah, well, I have a boat too, and I live 15 minutes from the lake...

...but, I *still* have five kids...

BKP:
Yeah, well, I have a boat too, and I live 15 minutes from the lake...

...but, I *still* have five kids...

and? get up early on days you dont work.. they'll be sleeping.. so will the spouse. Go while they're at the movies.. Send them to grandmas... If you want to dive, you will always find a way. My way was getting mine certified too... As someone called it, the "grow your own dive buddies" program... :D

1-2 dives here and there add up quickly.

MissyP:
and? get up early on days you dont work.. they'll be sleeping.. so will the spouse. Go while they're at the movies.. Send them to grandmas... If you want to dive, you will always find a way. My way was getting mine certified too... As someone called it, the "grow your own dive buddies" program... :D

1-2 dives here and there add up quickly.
Ok, ok... here we go ('scuse the hijack, everyone...)

1- ...get up early on days off (you kidding? they're waiting at the bedroom door with forks and plates...)
2- ...while they're at the movies (who takes 'em there, and picks 'em up? They range in ages from 7 to 18 - is there such a thing as one movie fits all?).
3- ...send them to grandmas (one is 700 miles away... the other 230).
4- ...you'll find a way to dive... (Lord knows, we try... we try...)
5- ...get 'em certified... (getting just my wife and I certed, geared, and to open water was a small fortune... we took them *all* on a cruise last year -- next one *they* pay for -- glad you have the disposable funds)

If I can get 'em to turn off the lights behind them consistently, I'll think about getting 'em certified...

I live in England and got 100 dives in my first year. Though this was mostly due to diving most weekends, and a three week trip doing three dives a day. Slowly increased to nearly 300 dives now (I think I'm on about 270/280) so it is possible. I've been diving three years. Four this December.

BKP:

1- ...get up early on days off (you kidding? they're waiting at the bedroom door with forks and plates...)
2- ...while they're at the movies (who takes 'em there, and picks 'em up? They range in ages from 7 to 18 - is there such a thing as one movie fits all?).
3- ...send them to grandmas (one is 700 miles away... the other 230).
4- ...you'll find a way to dive... (Lord knows, we try... we try...)
5- ...get 'em certified... (getting just my wife and I certed, geared, and to open water was a small fortune... we took them *all* on a cruise last year -- next one *they* pay for -- glad you have the disposable funds)

If I can get 'em to turn off the lights behind them consistently, I'll think about getting 'em certified...

:lol:

yeah, I was gonna write something like that, especially the part about getting up before them. On weekends, kids NEVER get up after the parents, no matter how early it is :wink:

Started training sept 2006. First dive february 2007 in a quary. First dives were rather slow but i've picked up a bit (in the club everybody already knows that if they are without buddy... just call beester... he'll go.. night or day, rain or sun, 40° or 90° :D)

February was 5 dives... March a slow month (because of skiing) only 4, april 11, may up until now 15... and next weekend is probably going to be a threesome...

With 35 dives in three and a half month under my belt and the summer months coming up... it seems like a bright future... The big move will be getting my girlfriend diving. She 's just starting training... so that will probably improve the diving :D

We'll see what happens...

However the numbers don't mean anything... I just absolutely love to dive. It's such a stress remover... unbelievable... I'll put my diving equipment in the car.. have quite a stressfull conferencing day and then drive for about an hour and dive... after the dive I'm totaly relaxed. I used to sport quite alot (from rugby to running quite frequently)... but diving hits the right spots... it's even more of a stress remover. It's like running a half marathon... and hitting the showers... Splendid.

I'm afraid I'm hooked... I don't worry about numbers... I just crave for every dive :D

BKP:

feeling a little cranky today huh?

I know a lot of people with kids and they all find ways to dive... but maybe they just have a stronger desire.. As the saying goes.. "where there's a will, there's a way."
:D :D :D

sea nmf:
Don't forget dive vacations. You can rack up dives quickly that way.

That's like a "liveaboard" every week for your first year of diving!

I thought DINK was disposable income no kids?

Sylvain:
How can people be certified 1 year and have between 299-400 dives?????????
Well...DUH. They dive once a day. Come on man do the math.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom