This ought to Work Several of you into a Frenzy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It’s not. I remember @herman posting this video a while ago in Yet another ingenious UW breathing device.

The real BS* i find here is that they still sell them for over $350 dollars(enax)!
heres a real setup.....
cylinder 19cf $150
XS scuba reg w/ spg! $225
couple of bolt snaps etc $50

Total...$425
so what the hell are they spending their money on????

so what the hell are they spending their money on????

I assume it’s for the convenience of a carrying a really, really small tank. However, I noticed Leisure Pro has a 6 cuft Catalina tank with a heavy duty convertible (DIN/Yoke) Sherwood valve for $110 if super small ponies are your thing. Or maybe it’s the thrill of having a 3000 psi pressure vessel 2 inches from your face as is the case with the original Spare Air with integrated regulator. Sorry, my attempt at humor. :)

8F84A464-8B5B-44E6-8733-65D5B63B5D58.jpeg

The Spare Air discussion has been done ad naseum. Im not taking the bait.

But the Snorkelator is something new and shiny. How beautiful is that? How long before 75% of scubaboard has integrated snorkels on their regs, given how much scubaboarders love snorkels. Team Snorkelator is going to be awash in cash.

Wait, stop everything, I have a great idea. Air3 anyone?

I'll probably wait for them to come out with the full face mask snorkelator and manifolded twin 6 cu ft tanks before I foolishly let them separate me from my money.

Well, it's not a twin, but you can fill it with a bike pump:

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Ok had to post. Looked for movie on Netflix and found Poseidon Rex. 400’ in belize blue hole on single AL80. Able to talk to each other with standard regs. Wasn’t expecting much and was not disappointed.

Not exactly a bike pump, as it can make high pressure air. However I have a similar pump to pressurize my pneumatic speargun after rebuild, and it takes forever to pressurize a half dozen cubic inches or so. I laughed my a** off when I first saw that pump and knew the buyer would be tossing it before he fills the tank once.

On the plus side, we'll be seeing lots of low-priced mini tanks and high-pressure bike pumps on the cheap used crap market in the next couple years, which will be great for argon bottles, DIY experiments, paintball stuff, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom