Those Considering Diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As for the money it is still cheaper than a jet ski or snowmobile and if you dive dry you can use your equipment year around.

That is if you live up north or you may be able to dive year around anyway if you are in a warm place. But I would miss the snow and hard winter water. :D

saint1208:
i have a question...what brands are the top for scuba gear?

Competition and liability have weeded out what you'd call bad gear for all intents and purposes. The best brand is the one that makes what works best for you.

Spend some quality time in the gear forums and it will slowly begin to make sense. Becoming gear savy is more difficult than getting certified but it can save you a lot of money by avoiding the wrong purchases.

Pete

I agree. Get certified before the water gets too cold. Always best to take the first OW course while the sea is still relatively warm.

CDFDiveMaster:
What are you waiting for. If you think about it too much you'll end up talking yourself out of it. Now is the time to get certified. Many dive shops run specials this time of year to keep revenue going and maintain awareness throughout the year and off seasons. Check out my website for local specials in Tampa. Ask questions if you'd like.
Peace

I did I did I did!! Marvel used her Karate on me and I submitted! *smile*
I even started a newbig log of my certification experience....

Tampa huh? want a newbie dive buddy?

*smile*

ZenDiva

liuk3:
Yeah, that's what I'm trying to figure out right now, whether I can afford another expensive hobby and whether this is the right time of year for me to do it.

None of us can.

... yet somehow we can anyway!

Hullo,am looking at taking this as a hobby and planning for the beginners cert at Goa,India.
How easy would this be to sustain?What would kind of outlay would i have to make?

Would love it if you refer books/websites/any material i could read more on the diving and on what we get to see under !

Too many qns?:)

Back
Top Bottom