Three dives in one day against the rules?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

daniel f aleman:
What PADI, and NAUI consider certifications, they consider levels. Each level (includes instructors) has its restrictions. Also, as mentioned, certain dive clubs have their own restrictions.

One can be a CMAS 1-star diver, 2-star, 3-star, or 4-star. There are different levels of cave and technical instruction as well (similar to Cave 1, Tech 2, etc.)

Sounds like a dive certification that L. Ron Hubbard might come up with. Diving scientology?

Shouldn't the whole deal be about gas saturation and not the number of dives in the first place, regardless of agency or anything else?

Doing 4 dive isn't against any rule or anything, just have to sit out a little longer on the surface interval thats all otherwise, you'll sleep well for sure. :wink:

3 dive max, you have got to be kidding. On my trips to Bonaire 4 is the norm, 5 is common and I have done 6 on more than one occasion. As long as your N2 saturation is not a problem, there is really no reason you can't dive as much as you like. Diving nitrox and keeping the dives shallow I never come close to any NDL.

The 3 dive taboo is bogus. Dive planning will spell out the limits for a given set of dives.

Why only 35-40 minutes. That's awfully short for the trouble.

Pete

I too normally dive 3 dives when we dive locally. Looking forward to a bunch more on our first trip to Bonaire in Sept. Look for a different dive club.

reading the link provided by Kingpatzer to CMAS training standards (in english) I don't see any mention of 3 dives per day maximum; just mention of using decompression tables correctly. In which case, surface intervals can certainly accommodate more than 3 dives per day.

However, their training standards for 2* and 3* divers are pretty interesting and rigorous.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom