Time for our own Japan forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not currently in Japan but lived there for 13 years up to '95 and I still get over that way on business 4-5 times a year. My wife is originally from Kagoshima and we might be moving to Yokosuka again next year if all goes well.

Anyway, that is enough about me. What about Yamato Divers (Yamato being another term for ancient Japan).

Rickg

Here are a few more suggestions for names:

The Nippon Nautiloids
The Scuba-jins
The Sushi Scouts

I humbly beg your honourable forgiveness for these pathetic attempts. If these are the ones I'm putting out there you shouldn't dare think about the ones I deemed not worthy! I mean I could have suggested "Nippon the boat n divers" or "The Ninja Turtles". My mother always said think before you speak, I guess I should have listened to her.

nori1841:
Hi, count me in

I think that the proposal names are too strongly Japanese elements for me
-

But...it's Japan dude...

Padiwan, good to see you!

JAG

As of 8.30 am I have received 9 phone numbers.

The current list of suggested names is:

Japan Divers
Japan
Divers in Japan
Bushido Divers
Zen Divers
Fugu Finatics Japan (provisional to jagfish's OK from his club)
Yamato Divers
The Nippon Nautiloids
The Scuba-jins
The Sushi Scouts

Nori - I realize that these all have a strong Japanese element - but as jagfish pointed out - we are in Japan - and it's a club for Japan :wink: (anyway - I thought nori was the Japanese for seaweed!!)

The maximum number of options for a poll is 10. If we go that route the poll becomes public and there is therefore a good chance that others from outside will also vote. Is that acceptable? If anyone has another option for a democratic decision lets hear it!

jonathan didn't reply yet to this thread - as it was his original idea, if anyone knows how to contact him - please do it - I'm not sure how often he logs in.

Concensus for a mascot appears to be the Fugu fish.

Motto is suggested as HakoFugu's haiko:

Wet blue deep
calling us downward
sushi zoo.

Any comments or further suggestions on all of the above? Lets hear them.

seems a good idea guys, but i reckon have 'Japan' somewhere in the title (even if just in brackets at the end) so new people etc can find it easily - thats the most important thing :)

I think I agree with the need to have Japan in the title - without it some people might not understand where we are!!!
My own personal favorite at this point would end up as:

Zen Divers of Japan (as opposed to just Zen Divers)

Still didn't get any feedback on the poll idea or not!!

I now have enough telephone numbers - but unfortunately - not Jonathan's. I'm planning to wait until tomorrow morning and submit the list then.

diverdantpt:
seems a good idea guys, but i reckon have 'Japan' somewhere in the title (even if just in brackets at the end) so new people etc can find it easily - thats the most important thing :)

I completely agree. With that in mind, I like Zen Divers of Japan too.

Good Morning everyone -
I have submitted the list to NetDoc and started a poll for the names. Hopefully we should be up and running quite soon. I've left the poll open for three days, but I hope that the majority will see it and vote today. At the point where any one name receives a clear majority I'll submit it to NetDoc.
It's here

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom