Time for our own Japan forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are the names on the poll the only available names for the new group?

Also, is there a way to search for members in Japan who could be contacted to find out if they wish to vote?

Browsing the names of the other groups, they seem to have one thing in common, the location name or variation thereof and "Scuba" or "Diver".

We could probably break up the categories into subforums for Izu, Okinawa, etc.

Mar Scuba:
Are the names on the poll the only available names for the new group?

Also, is there a way to search for members in Japan who could be contacted to find out if they wish to vote?

Browsing the names of the other groups, they seem to have one thing in common, the location name or variation thereof and "Scuba" or "Diver".

We could probably break up the categories into subforums for Izu, Okinawa, etc.
The names on the poll are all the names that were suggested in this thread - except for the one that I left out because of jagfish's club.
I don't know of anyway to see a scubaboard full members list - which you would need to find everyone in Japan. Considering SB has around 28,000 members it would probably take a while. There are a few name choices which do include Japan and Divers in one way or another. I suspect for sub-forums it would again be a question of how many people from that area. However - to have a Japan forum as opposed to just the Asia forum already narrows it down a lot. Especially people from outside Japan probably have never heard of places like Izu. I would think that different threads inside the forum would work just as well. It's not like there are hundreds of us, is it?

Hey Kim
Was off line for a day. had amonster drinking party yesterday night, got totally destroyed. Nursing a nsaty hangouver today and can barely type. I'll have to stay away from heavy machinery....

Too bad I as not able to answer you yesterday, there is no problem using Finatics in conjunction with the proposed title. I really liked Fugu Finatics Japan, but I am sure any other name will be fine as well.

I'll have a look at your poll now...thanks for the efforts on your part in this.

JAG

How does Mar Scuba feel about using Zen Divers, since I think he mentioned that he uses "Zen Diving" in his business? Is he OK with that?

I'm gonna hold off my vote to make sure that is Kosher with him

JAG

jagfish:
How does Mar Scuba feel about using Zen Divers, since I think he mentioned that he uses "Zen Diving" in his business? Is he OK with that?

I'm gonna hold off my vote to make sure that is Kosher with him

JAG
It's OK - I PM'd him and he said it's not a problem. What he was worried about was that people would think that he copied the name from here - so to make clear that he was already using a similar name as a trademark he made that post.

I'm biased, of course, because I want everyone to be "Zen Divers", doing it the "Mar Scuba, Zen of Diving" way!

We need to lead divers to the path of enlightenment.

I voted for Japan Divers, but I like "Zen Divers" (not "Zen Divers of Japan".

The reason why I voiced my concern is that I didn't want anyone thinking that Mar Scuba ripped off the idea of "Zen Divers"...

Hey Kim
Seems like a few people like the idea of "Zen Divers" and no "Japan". If "Zen Divers of Japan" is the winner (as it seems to be), should we have another round of talks/voting to decide if it is best to keep the "Japan" part or not?

Waddaya think?

JAG

I think that we need to wait until senior members like Jonathan vote.

Also, TJO's not back from Thailand yet.

Mar Scuba:
I think that we need to wait until senior members like Jonathan vote.

Also, TJO's not back from Thailand yet.
I am also a little uncomfortable that jonathan hasn't made his presence felt in all of this so far - except for the first post. However a lot of people have - and everyone seems to want it to happen as fast as possible. In the end it's a forum for all of us so I don't suppose it really matters. I'm going to put the new poll up now and see what happens - everyone has an equal right and I've been trying very hard to declare the timetable for everyone to see from the beginning. Unfortunately if we wait for individuals to appear - then we might wait a long time. I obviously hope that we end up with something everyone can live with! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom