• $16-20

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • More than $20

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Need to explain (please post)

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, here is an odd one for you. My favorite boat here in NJ is a six-pack. The boat is co-owned by the two captains. The local shops charter the boat and send a DM on each dive. The DM does nothing. He sits on the bow waiting for “problems”, like a lifeguard. The boat captains do dive brief, help you gear up, help you into and out of the water. When we get back to the dock, they help you fillet your fish ( if you got some ). If you didn’t they offer you some of theirs. (They are both great spear fishermen and lobstermen.)

Who are you going to tip? I tip the captains. Most people give the $5 for the two tank dive (10%) . I give them $10. That does not even cover the lobster they send home with me.

I've found that a $5 per dive works out pretty good. Multiplier of 2 when my wife travels out with me, which when she was preg limited her to snorkeling, but I've tipped out for her being tended to as well. Some have been a little higher than others, especially if they let her ride free during that time.

I would not recommend using the same dive boat twice.

it's not a tip....it's an insult,..like leaving two cents for a waitress.

When I was in the marine corps,.. a fellow sargent told me not to drink the coffee in maintenanc control. When he was ordered to make it for superiors,..he went in the head and added some flavoring

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom