Tips for best operators in Nusa Lembongan please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FairyBasset

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,
am going to do a liveaboard in Komodo in July.
Have tagged on some days in Bali afterwards and would like to stay on Nusa Lembongan for some more diving - hopefully mola molas.
Can anyone recommend some good operators and also let me know which ones to avoid.
Thanks kindly!
:happywave:

Blue corner, forget the rest.. Was told this by several travelling instructors and using them in July.. Let's see, but I trust the people who told me

We used Two Fish. Their facility/resort was nice--quiet, clean, spacious rooms, etc. Not luxury by any means, but sufficient. Their boats and divemasters were good, too. What I did not like about Lembongan was Lembongan. Imagine boarding the boat by wading out past mounds of floating trash. Beyond that, Lembongan had the feel of a backpacker ghetto. We were unfortunately not there in Mola Mola season. I would like to return to dive the area during Mola Mola season, but I would not stay on Lembongan. Rather, I would take a day boat from Sanur.

gosh that sounds pretty horrible. Hmmm, maybe I will wait and see before booking then.

Consider taking a boat from Padang Bai. In addition, if conditions are not good at Nusa Penida, you will find very nice diving near Padang Bai.

Thanks, Ive actually stayed in Padang Bai and dived there and Nusa Penida from there before. Thats why I fancied Lembongan.

Nusa Lembongan has experienced a recent building boom. Since there is little long-term plans for sustainable development, the locals burn garbage almost every day. Its not a pleasant experience. You might stay in Candidasa, and commute (15 minutes or so) to Padang Bai for diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom