tips for finding dive buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've found finding scuba buddies even more stressful than finding dates. I *know* my potential buddies are better than me and have been with people significantly better than me, and I *know* that I'm not going to last nearly as long as they would like me to.

LOL! I said the same thing about finding buddies (in terms of it being worse than finding a decent date). Glad I'm not alone!

To the OP, I've done some of what has been suggested here. I joined a dive club (they were quite welcoming), I frequent my LDS and am planning to travel to Coz on one of his trips to meet some of his other customers, I've been to local scuba parks and introduced myself to single or paired/small groups of divers, and I tagged someone on this board. All of them have resulted in me getting to dive with new people. It does take time though, and you have to be willing to stick your neck out there a little to approach people. I was hesistant, but so far no one has minded, and I've met a small handful of new dive buddies.

Good luck!

Greetings Zenheadhunter and you have gotten some great advice and what I would like to add is pretty simple, "GROW YOUR OWN DIVE BUDDY!".
What I am saying is that find a OW student and go through the training with them and offer to take them diving. If you find a younger person who is excited, every week end will not be enough. It has worked for others so do not rule it out.

Dive clubs would be my first choice if you can not talk a friend or family member into diving. It will not be long and you will have several dive buddies to dive with.
The buddy finder here on SB is a great source as well.
Good luck.
CamG Keep diving....Keep training....Keep learning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom