Today’s regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Couv, you can hang onto that plastic, balanced adjustable sex toy, but man! I’d give my left estachion tube for that perforated 109.
That’s a damn fine bit of kit.

In almost 15 years it's the only one I've ever seen here on auction. (Assuming it's the same one).

@p_kos Do you still have the USD horse collar that bayonet inflator hose goes to?
You mean this one?
E5471914-22B9-4E58-A1CC-5F29BA97F759.jpeg

Yep, she’s still seaworthy (or lake worthy in these parts). I did pop the CO2 cartridge and leave it in to plug the hole. Seemed like an accident waiting to happen.

I found the horse collar and Conshelf at a garage sale in Bigfork, MT for $50 a couple summers ago, all in mind blowingly good condition. Always wanted to try that system out, and honestly, it’s not as awkward as I thougt it might be. There was a pretty sweet Dacor three window mask and can light in the mix as well. I had to laugh a little at the light. I spent hours with sandpaper and a file in the mid 1990s shaping the reflector molding on one of those Dacor 650 lights to allow it to accept the sealed beam halogen bulb that we used in our Pelican lights in the fire department.

OK, not vintage or really rare...but my regs for today are:

Basic sidemount setup.
20200526_102058.jpg

QTY 2 MK20s that were born in 2000 and 2003, fully upgraded internals to the latest MK25 "guts", plus the external adjustable HP retainer and latest black plastic cap...so these are either MK20s with MK25 guts...or...MK25s with MK20 ambient chamber/swivel/body. You pick :) Note: the different ambient chamber holes.
2001:
20200526_102113.jpg
2003:
20200526_102107.jpg

Both have Dive Rite brass and glass SPGs, 10" LP hoses.

QTY 2 S600s that were born on 2001 [Gen 1] and 2006 [Gen 2]. The 2001 is all stock but is awaiting a Gen 2 knob and then I have the full 4th Gen metal air barrel conversion ready to go. It is also on a 28" LP hose and has a necklace. The 2006 has a full 4th Gen metal air barrel conversion and is on a 7' long hose with a bolt snap.

All were recently overhauled in my dungeon/crawlspace/scuba shop with all new o-rings everywhere except the VIVA o-ring that was changed last year.

I believe that the MK20 had round, then oval...then the MK25 came out with oval holes...then back to round in the EVO.

The ambient chambers in the above regs are both form MK20s.

I sure wish SP had a timeline of the MK20-25 evoulution :D

Another creation by my friend @Luis H
It's a modern double hose regulator that breaths on par with any single or DH on the market today. I'm told only nine were produced.
Pegasus DH regulator.jpg
Pegasus DH regulator back.jpg

Back
Top Bottom