Too many members??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPT HOOK

Contributor
Reaction score
I have been reading this board under one name or another for 3 years or so but I'm beginning to wonder if it is getting too big.

Used to be you could check in and follow any number of ever changing discussions and debates about a variety of scuba related issues.
Now there are so many new members, nothing against anyone, that it seems like all that gets done is rehashing the same things over and over again.
I mean there are 3 or 4 threads about fins right now! Now it seems you have to go through 10-15 pages of old or resurrected threads in hope of finding 1 or 2 new items of interest.

Oh well, rant over.

CAPT HOOK once bubbled...
I have been reading this board under one name or another for 3 years or so

Hmmm... Isn't that a violation of the TOS???

One thing that could be done is to send out warning when the subject line is identical to another. Of course, one different word and it doesn't get caught ("Favorite type of fin" vs "Favorite type of fins"), but some duplicates could get avoided that way.

But for the rest, there's not much that can be done, except maybe cancel accounts of users that haven't logged in in the last 12 months. But they're not the ones that send out duplicate subjects.

Kaos once bubbled...
One thing that could be done is to send out warning when the subject line is identical to another. Of course, one different word and it doesn't get caught ("Favorite type of fin" vs "Favorite type of fins"), but some duplicates could get avoided that way.

But for the rest, there's not much that can be done, except maybe cancel accounts of users that haven't logged in in the last 12 months. But they're not the ones that send out duplicate subjects.

easiest way would be to ban anything that has DIR in the subjet or body:boom:

Capt Hook I couldn't agree with you more. Threads like fake boobs or polls like do you breathe air under water. I think I am done. Its bull ####.

Man, you are one angry individual.

Give it up already.

James connell once bubbled...

I know what you mean about the same topic getting old, but just cause its been done before dosent mean it shouldnt be done again. Ideas change, new members come, new info is found and could definrtly change peoples answers.

We were all new users at some point you capthook, still are.

A noble attempt!:laugh:

A seperate thread for polls might be a thought.

I very much agree - I'm getting sick with the endless debate of "Ooh look how long my hose is"

Yes we all gather it's a more efficient way of diving blah blah blah blah...

There's a similar debate in the UK of who's best PADI or BSAC - who f'n cares?

Let's please debate something else..........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom