Took the plunge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tdchandl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can't believe it but I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Drysuit. Big step but if I'm going to really enjoy this sport locally in Canada vs. just getaway excursions to the south then Dry is the only answer. Ordered a custom measured DUI 50/50 based on solid comments from folks here and beyond. thanks everyone.

Big investment... hopefully will pay nice dividends over the summer. Can't wait. 5weeks and counting.

you should do more dive days and more dives on the days you do dive. A drysuit and appropriate undergarment often makes the difference between a second or third or even fourth dive for the day. It is a big investment, but the per dive cost goes down as the number of dives you do a year goes up.

Did you get the p-valve? Real important to have. I would hate to cut a dive short just because I have to go.

Can't believe it but I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Drysuit. Big step but if I'm going to really enjoy this sport locally in Canada vs. just getaway excursions to the south then Dry is the only answer. Ordered a custom measured DUI 50/50 based on solid comments from folks here and beyond. thanks everyone.

Big investment... hopefully will pay nice dividends over the summer. Can't wait. 5weeks and counting.

Cool, Congratulations. I recently bought a drysuit too after years of thinking about it. For me being able to extend my dive season to all year is worth especially given I'm not getting any younger. It's bit of a learning curve more so with working out what undergarments work best for you and your temps and getting weighting dialed in but it's not too difficult just go slow and change one thing at a time. Good luck.

Going to have the summer to "figure it out" on the east coast. I have to say dealing with Dan from Diver Dan's in Santa Clara was outstanding. Good amount of time spent taking me through the options and ranges. Then getting everything together for final order. Excellent customer service. You folks in this area have a really good resource.

Back
Top Bottom