Top 10 wreck dives in the world?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The US Liberty at Tulamben Bay in Bali is an awesome wreck dive. It's a shore wreck dive, to begin with (the wreck is only 40 or 50 m from the shore); the variety of fish is amazing (giant morays, a huge school of jacks, nudibranches, schools of bumphead parrotfish, and many other kind of fish). It also make a fascinating night dive. I don't know whether it belongs to the Top Ten list (if such a list can really exist), but it certainly is an excellent choice for wreck dive lovers!

I personally love the wrecks close to Porquerolles in Southern France. The Donator and The Greek have got so much fish on it that it's hard to believe you're not in the tropics. They are relatively deep 45-50m and call for decompression diving.
Togo in Cavalaire is great but at the limit of what you can safely dive on air: 58-62m...

G'day,

For an up-to-date article on Bikini Atoll, please see Diving the Nuclear Ghost Fleet at Bikini Atoll - Bikini Atoll is the greatest underwater warship wreck museum in the world - The Scuba Doctor

It's my account of a dive expedition to Bikini Atoll in October 2012 with The Scuba Doctor.

I've tried to include information about the nuclear testing, what happened to the Bikini people, plus the sunken warships and what it like to journey to Bikini Atoll and dive on these unique wrecks. I hope you find it useful.

Best regards, Lloyd Borrett.

Back
Top Bottom