Top turret port on first stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gqllc007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How many people use the top of the turret hose port? If so do you use that for your main?

I use the 5th port in Sidemount for the Inflator and the Drysuit.

Backmount (always 2 first and 2 second) I use both 5ports for the second stages. First stages mounted in a 45 degree angle

Backmount (always 2 first and 2 second) I use both 5ports for the second stages. First stages mounted in a 45 degree angle

Same here for SM.

45 degrees to the right side with the top port coming off to the right? And is the top port aiming down or up for a Single back mounted tank?

45 degrees to the right side with the top port coming off to the right? And is the top port aiming down or up for a Single back mounted tank?

see pic :)
Not really 45 degrees with the H-type valve on the single tank.

Attachments

• D80093B0-F5FA-4BDA-AD20-F725F327A940.jpeg
    D80093B0-F5FA-4BDA-AD20-F725F327A940.jpeg
    73.7 KB · Views: 91
  • E2B9C282-B04C-49BF-B395-381690216201.jpeg
    E2B9C282-B04C-49BF-B395-381690216201.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 95
The more common way I see back mount doubles configured is with both 1st stages pointing mostly inwards (towards the opposite tank), with the LP inflator hose attached to the right post 1st stage end port, and the short hose 2nd stage attached to the left post 1st stage end port. The long hose 2nd stage, on the right post, is attached to one of the side ports. I don't think there's anything wrong with the way joebar has his configured, in fact someone might argue that the long hose attached to the end port increases flow. (I seriously doubt that has any real-world effect) But the typical DIR set up is as I described.

Top port pointing down. Helps route a 40" hose under your arm comfortably. Closer to 15-30°. Whatever guides the hose the way you want it. Reg generally down to avoid bonking your head when you look up.
But I feel that a side port is better, because if you primary donate, when your OOA buddy yanks on the hose, it won't be suddenly pulled at a right angle, stressing the hose. Instead the turret will rotate toward him. You'll have to experiment to see what combination suits you best.

The more common way I see back mount doubles configured is with both 1st stages pointing mostly inwards (towards the opposite tank), with the LP inflator hose attached to the right post 1st stage end port, and the short hose 2nd stage attached to the left post 1st stage end port. The long hose 2nd stage, on the right post, is attached to one of the side ports. I don't think there's anything wrong with the way joebar has his configured, in fact someone might argue that the long hose attached to the end port increases flow. (I seriously doubt that has any real-world effect) But the typical DIR set up is as I described.

I used this configuration for the doubles. But for the single tank the two first stages are a little bit too narrow and it is not a nice routing. With this routing i don‘t have to change the hoses when switching from doubles to single and back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom