ToS update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still use many tips from DD. He was a major contributor. I missed all the brouhaha when he was booted.
@lowviz bought a BCD from DD. I told him it needed to be exorcised to get rid of DD’s very bad juju.

The problem in the discipline of self-regulation in social interaction is that MOST people think that they ARE nice, (or nice enough), as no one wants to think of themselves as a “twatwaffle” I looked at a few pages of posts by Alaskan Scuba Dude, and he does deliver some blatant insults with sarcasm, which is often the case with those who think they are “witty”. He also make regular suggestions and advice that others can contradict, (at the risk of being the target of his “wittiness”).
In real life, such people are not “banned” but “shunned”.
For Scubaboard shunning, perhaps we need a new button, Dislike, that darkens a post, and after 3 or 4 different people dislike a comment, it is too dark to read.
Nothing is so aggravating to a person that thinks they are witty as seeing their words eclipsed out. Not sure if this is technically possible, but I can dream.

Huh. Last week I got censored for observing that someone had said a naughty word (in telling the miscreant discussed earlier to F off). But that's neither here nor there, I suppose. Here I will share what my grandmas shared with my mom:

There's so much good in the worst of us,
And so much bad in the best of us,
That it hardly becomes any of us
To talk about the rest of us.

and he does deliver some blatant insults with sarcasm,
Please report any such insults so that the mods can deal with them. We rely on our users to let us know where the line is. There are too many cultures for us to know what bothers you and what doesn't. It really, really helps us when you do. No, we may not always agree with your report, but it's still informative.

So the Merchant of Venice feels he has earned sufficient credit to renegotiate the Terms of Service. Like a supernova the smear campaign continues unabated. From the immortal words of Charlton Heston, ‘‘I'll give you my c-card when you pry it from my cold, dead hands’.

Why do you feel a need to disrupt? Why do you feel you have the right to disrupt? This isn't just one or two people having an issue with your posting style... they are legion. Is this a point of pride with you?

Why do you feel a need to disrupt? Why do you feel you have the right to disrupt? This isn't just one or two people having an issue with your posting style... they are legion. Is this a point of pride with you?

I would say but I was warned not to again......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom