Trading in the north for the south

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We snowbird 3 months on the FL panhandle. I am in the NYC area 7 weeks every summer. What I do like in FL is the selections of shells to collectand when the water hits 65F so I can ditch that 7 mil and use my shortie. What I don't miss about either FL or NY when I return to Nova Scotia is shore sites that mean:

--they are somewhat or very crowded with cars, fishermen and beach goers.
--trying to find a place to park.
--paying 15-$20 to park in Connecticut parks (and lesser in FL), which are all free in NS.
--having to use a dive flag not just because it's the law, but because you're nuts not to. As
opposed to using one just if you feel like it or it's a class.
-- dealing with NY area traffic (always) and panhandle traffic (March-SPRING BREAK!)
--paying about $6-8 (each way in some cases) just to get over those bridges to Long Island or NJ.
--worrying about those crazy diurnal tides on the panhandle and the lovely currents they bring if you screw up.
--trying to find a panhandle buddy for a deeper dive in Jan. because it's TOO COLD and "not the dive season".

But seriously, I'll take the panhandle over NS any day. NOT NY, NJ or CONNECTICUT!!!

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom