Traditional Norte Americano Thanksgiving dinner in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure where you've lived overseas, but everywhere I've lived one would be able to find Thanksgiving dinner in a restaurant.
I remember an old Christmas movie about a boy who wanted a BB gun, and neighborhood dogs stealing the Christmas turkey - so they ended up in a Chinese restaurant being served duck with the head intact.

I'm not sure where you've lived overseas, but everywhere I've lived one would be able to find Thanksgiving dinner in a restaurant. . . .

I wrote "it's hard enough" to find a Thanksgiving menu in even the biggest cities abroad, such as Mexico City, not that it's impossible. Sure, in a large city, some restaurant, bar or club that's got the reputation as the American expat hangout is likely to offer something for Thanksgiving and Independence Day. More commonly, though, people gather at each others' homes for Thanksgiving, because such restaurants are few and far between. The same age-old questions--"where can we find a turkey, cranberries, pumpkin, etc.?"--are appearing on expat forums all over the world at this time of year. At least in Mexico the turkey should be easy to find.

That's really interesting about what you say you can find in rural New Hampshire. I doubt any restaurant here in Atlanta offers, say, a Bastille Day menu, except more or less as a joke--in other words, aimed at Americans looking for an excuse to celebrate something rather than French expats looking for a piece of home. We need only look at what's offered here for Mexican holidays--their Independence Day, Cinco de Mayo, Dia de los Muertos, etc.--it sure isn't aimed at Mexican expats.

I doubt any restaurant here in Atlanta offers, say, a Bastille Day menu, except more or less as a joke--in other words, aimed at Americans looking for an excuse to celebrate something rather than French expats looking for a piece of home.

That took all of 5 seconds...
Atlanta restaurant specials for Bastille Day

I've also had a thanksgiving meal in the Caribbean and a traditional Christmas meal on the island of Yap. It's not unusual in the least

I haven't quite figured out why so many local families like Hooters so much, but they sure do.
I'm guessing for the same reason Americans like it. There's nothing uniquely American about looking at scantily clad women.

That took all of 5 seconds...
Atlanta restaurant specials for Bastille Day

I've also had a thanksgiving meal in the Caribbean and a traditional Christmas meal on the island of Yap. It's not unusual in the least

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I wrote that these kinds of events are aimed at Americans who want to celebrate something foreign. These are not aimed at French expats living in Atlanta. In contrast, in Cozumel, there are apparently a few restaurants offering Thanksgiving menus for the benefit of Americans living in and visiting Cozumel.

The bottom line is that in Cozumel, it is surprisingly easy to find a Thanksgiving meal due to so many Americans living there and visiting. I have no doubt it is possible to find Thanksgiving meals elsewhere in parts of the Caribbean frequented by American tourists.

Last edited:
Nope, no problem here and no problem pointing out your error either

Have a great day! I'm off to MX!

Nope, no problem here and no problem pointing out your error either

Have a great day! I'm off to MX!

I'm at a loss as to what you mean by my "error." I was one of the people here who supported your original post. Please enjoy Thanksgiving in Cozumel, and I hope you find a suitable place for your meal.

Yes, Buccanos is having traditional Thanksgiving dinner, Rock'n Java just released their menu, you can find it on Facebook. I'm sure there are others, but I haven't seen ads for them yet.

When you say "traditional" are you saying ' 1 pants belt hole release adjustment or 2? '

You know if you find candied yams, that's like the lotto !!

The wife and I spent each Thanksgiving @ Hooters (in CZM) watching football and drinking beer. Thankful every year! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom