Tranquility Bay Resort, north Ambergris Caye, Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great.... Flights have been booked and deposits are paid. Now I have to start all over again. We have always loved staying at TBR, all the way back to the Pany days. Any recomendations for a simiar place?

We will be staying at the Subreeze Hotel for our fourth time this summer. They are on AC, in San Pedro, Prices are reasonable and the dive operation is on site and. The hotel is very close to the airport, You just walk around the corner and you are there. A great group of hotel Staff and the Hugh Parkey Dive Operation is well run and use good quality rental gear, "Scuba Pro" We were looking at the Sunbreeze Suites as well but wanted something smaller and more personable and boy did we get it. My Wife and I love the place. If you still trying to decide give them a try, you won't go wrong and the onsite restaurant is wonderful.

As of the time Peter was writing his opinion about Tranquility Bay, they were working with a Few dive centers to staff their diving needs.
As for the training they had engaged Scuba School Belize to come up and do the classes and training. The dive center is still there full equipped and the compressor is working and been fully checked for air qualitity.
Pete the new manager and the owners have worked very hard to make the diving better than before.

What I stated was not "opinion", but fact as it was at the time. If it has changed since that has not been publicised until now. The new arrangement for tuition seems to me to be rather "clunky", with a lot of travelling involved. Who will be providing regular diving, not classes? And will nitrox be available, as it was before?

I can't answer the nitrox issue, but the have been doing recreational diving as well as classes. All classes are being done up there, so I do not understand "clunky"
Stop being so negitive and start the new year on a positive note,
this location is one the better areas to dive in Belize

Well I hope the diving remains as accessible as it has been for quite some time, and the overall experience is as relaxed, flexible and enjoyable (and affordable) as it has been reported to me by several very satisfied customers. The diving up there is indeed superb.

Caxy diver, may I be so bold as to assume that you and/or your company are the contracted instructors?

Not me, scuba school Belize is group that is doing the instruction. I own the property that sub

rents and advise them when needed.

Not me, scuba school Belize is group that is doing the instruction. I own the property that sub

rents and advise them when needed.

And I'm guessing thats why you are using the ScubaSchoolBelize avatar?

New management has destroyed this great resort. I would strongly suggest going elsewhere. Like anywhere else. If I wasn't within my 60 day no refund period, I would switch resorts. Between the price gouging and terrible lack of communication, it's just too much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom