Tranquility Bay Resort, north Ambergris Caye, Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi everyone,
im new to the site. .i was going to plan a trip to TB. .but,
not sure now. .i have read alot of good reviews with the old
managers. .does any one know why they left and why the
owners fired the dive employees?
oobkeep what do you know?

Lisa and OOBkeep,
Managers and Divemasters come and go for numerous reasons. Our concern is that you have a great vacation doing the activities you want to do at a fair price.

We have diving at the resort and insist on following PADI standards. We strive to meet our guests needs 100%. Guest satisfaction is our first goal, be it in the dive shop or our restaurant or our cabanas.

TBR - Who/which op is providing your dive services?

The internet is notorious for fraud. Looking at hotels and resorts on the island that display pretty underwater photographs and facades of dive shops that are not real seem to make up about 50% of what I see when I search Ambergris Caye. This is why chat boards like this are so valuable to divers looking for destinations.
TBR I suggest you be boldly honest about your dive operation. You have a beautiful site and extreme potential but if you lure divers into staying with you expecting to see an on site dive operation and there isn't, you'll suffer much more credibility loss
than just explaining your in transition and temporarily don't have an onsite operation.
Licensed Tour Guide/Divemasters are difficult to find and boats are expensive. Running a dive operation is difficult and running one in a remote location is even more so.
You have no easy task ahead.

Last edited:
I'll just reinforce Bubba's comment in saying that really good dive staff are in fact in very short supply on AC. TBR had some really good ones and chose to lose them - replacing them will be difficult.

I'm happy to see a message from tbr waiting for me when I signed back on...aside from that message... its been like pulling teeth to have any communication with the onsite personnel...I could go on and on...BUT since tbr is the first direct contact I've had from them in awhile...I'm going to hold my breath and hope that he can help salvage my wedding....stay tuned. : )

---------- Post added February 4th, 2013 at 01:48 PM ----------

OK...so my revised advice....the manager who I think managed tbr previously... is somewhat helpful....and said that he hired a DM for the resort. I will say...they need to improve on their communication skills in a hurry...ie respond to your emails....call people back when you say you're going to...yada yada...also I heard they replaced the old managers because they weren't keeping the place up...or something along the lines of that....currently all cabanas have been freshly painted etc. I will be sure to report back...we are taking over the resort in mid march for my wedding and we will have two dive shop managers with us for the trip.

On a side note...my cute fiance proposed to me in true scuba fashion... under the sea w turtles circling in Indo!

thank you oobkeep for the info.
your wedding is going to be awesome. congradulations to
u and ur future husband. .

LOL. So Belizean to be told that the managers were let go because they weren't keeping the place up . . . Or any of half a dozen reasons that could have been used as an excuse instead.

Again I ask TBR, please tell me who or which dive op is running your dives?

It may be that there were maintenance issues that the owners wanted given higher priority, but overall I don't think you'd find a single guest who saw that as an issue. The friendly yet efficient atmosphere, the excellent restaurant and the really great small dive shop were however great attractions, and the reason TBR was getting increased repeat bookings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom