Transferring rescue diver course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TxAggieDiver2011

Registered
Reaction score
I am currently certified with Padi but my school does all their certs with NAUI. I am registered to take the NAUI Adv open water and rescue diver couses this fall. I have read that some DMs have transfered from one to another before. Is it also possible for these classes as well?

Thanks in advance

There's no need for a transfer,your not a member of PADI.You can just continu with the NAUI training.

True. Didn't really think of it that way. Main thing is NAUI centers are becoming a little hard to come by now :(

The point is that there is no "transferring" certifications. Either you have one because you went through the class, or you don't.

Rescue Diver is a pre-requisite for a Dive Professional level of training (i.e. Divemaster or Dive Con). All agencies accept Rescue Diver from any other agency. It is when you leave the Recreational Diver realm and enter the Dive Professional level that the training is no longer interchangable. This is because the agencies do things differently, have slightly different standards and the instructors and dive leaders must know these things for the agency they choose to be a member of.

Back
Top Bottom