Travel with Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I travel in Asia, North America, the Middle East, Carribean and Europe with the Aqua Lung Hot Shots with no issues...these are a great travel fin. I have even strapped larger fins, e.g. Atomic Splits or Aqua Lung Sling Shots onto my "carry on" back pack with bungee cords.

Have a great trip... :)

Would you guys recommend travel fins, such as the Aqua Lung Hot Shots, even though I will be pretty stationary while doing my DMT?
Or may it be more worth it to bring larger, non-travel fins?
I haven't purchased any fins yet, (I am looking into the Scuba Pro Jet Sport and the Aqua Lung Slingshot at the moment), so this is definitely helping with the decision making!

Would you guys recommend travel fins, such as the Aqua Lung Hot Shots, even though I will be pretty stationary while doing my DMT?
Or may it be more worth it to bring larger, non-travel fins?
I haven't purchased any fins yet, (I am looking into the Scuba Pro Jet Sport and the Aqua Lung Slingshot at the moment), so this is definitely helping with the decision making!

Alex,

During my DM training the design of the fin really was not a factor in the training. I saw DM candidates use both. The dives had specific training objectives to be met, and were pretty relaxing aside from the special tasks, e.g. lift bags, orientation, etc. If you are intrested in purchaing just one fin type, I would pick one to facilitate what your future diving parameters might be like, i.e technical diving, resort diving, shore/boat diving, wreck diving, cavern/cave diving, etc.

BTW...I really like my Aqua Lung Sling Shots and Hot Shots, but IMO the adjustable bands have not produced a noticable performance difference. I bite the marketing hype hook, line and sinker when I bought them. When I bought the Sling Shots, I actually thought I was getting the shorter (travel) Hot Shots, only later to discover I had the full size version; later I purchased the Hot Shots. For extensive travel I carry the shorter Hot Shots, for easy access resorts I most likely will use a pair of Atomic Splits...nice for leisure diving, as I begin my technical diving I will be using Hollis F1s.

Good luck with the DMT...

~Oldbear~

The more I look the more I'm considering buying while I'm there... get some more input from DM's and instructors might be my best bet! Will keep looking around here in the meantime though!

Thanks everyone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom